MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing MAC ID shaan Academics 3 06-06-2012 12:59 PM
Changing Lab Session HanPark9205 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-10-2011 10:10 AM
Changing to other programs Faer Academics 6 06-02-2011 03:45 PM
Changing cores? ThagsanaR First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-18-2010 05:44 PM
Changing TT skelly89 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2008 10:20 AM

Changing Solar

Old 06-08-2012 at 09:58 AM   #16
scarletfire

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Cant believe it takes you and 2-3 people over 3 hours to get in. Maybe try clicking the link more than once every half hour? if you really want to get in and just nonstop click on the link, you shouldnt have to wait more than 10 minutes tops. I got in 3 seperate times in the first hour that courses selection was available for my program.
I clicked on the link more than once every minute, thank you very much. I think it's more so based on luck/coincidence that you get in the moment someone else leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Doesn't ROSI work on similar scheduling? If UofT students don't complain (I haven't heard any complaints from my friends at UofT) then I don't see why it would be a problem at McMaster.
Quickly skimming over it, there's two systems that are possible vendors. Other than the extremely high cost to get it (around 25mill due to the extensive amount of data per student which is reasonable), is there anything else we can do in the mean time to help move it forward? I didn't see that part in the two threads.
Old 06-08-2012 at 11:50 AM   #17
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

We could try a petition. But ultimately, this will be decided by the administration. Student concerns so far in this realm have not received prompt attention. I dislike being discouraging but due to the large amount of money this will cost, it's probably better to just wait. 25 million is a lot of money that could be going toward research grants, more courses, residence buildings, etc - things that the university may consider a higher priority. Students can still enroll in courses. The experience was never promised or advertised as a convenient one though.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-09-2012 at 09:26 AM   #18
scarletfire

If this would be an issue during the assembly, and it was voted for, would it be possible for it to be implemented quicker?
Old 06-09-2012 at 09:28 AM   #19
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post
If this would be an issue during the assembly, and it was voted for, would it be possible for it to be implemented quicker?
Considering they've already started the process of implementing it, I'd guess no.
Also, we don't typically reach quorum, so those votes aren't binding.
And it's not the MSU responsible for implementing this.
Old 06-09-2012 at 10:44 AM   #20
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

When I was in 1st year, I used to go see an academic advisor and she always got in first try. Maybe it's beneficial to book an appointment the morning after mugsi opens so your advisor can get you in straight away.
Old 06-10-2012 at 11:38 AM   #21
scarletfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Considering they've already started the process of implementing it, I'd guess no.
Also, we don't typically reach quorum, so those votes aren't binding.
And it's not the MSU responsible for implementing this.
Well last year, we reached quorum enough for welcome week to be mandatory xD
Old 06-10-2012 at 12:25 PM   #22
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

True, but this isn't exactly an issue "decided by the students". The MSU is an important organization but I do not think that allocating 20 million will be up to them. In fact, considering the move made with copyright fees, I'll go as far as to say that the decision will largely if not entirely be made by the administration.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences