MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing MAC ID shaan Academics 3 06-06-2012 12:59 PM
Changing Timetable Tutorials autman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 08-09-2011 11:38 PM
changing your timetable Paul91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2009 04:24 PM
Changing Addresses... MohitB First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-27-2008 08:53 AM
Changing TT skelly89 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2008 10:20 AM

Changing Timetable

Old 08-07-2012 at 03:35 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Changing Timetable
Hey guys, I have a question about changing my timetable.

I have work, so I won't be able to get onto SOLAR until about 4 pm. :(

But I've heard it is likely will it be that I will be able to change the following at 4pm, because there's like 30 tutorials and 50 labs right, so chances are that the one I want won't be full?

1) Bio 1A03 Lab
2) Chem 1A03 Lab
3) Psych 1X03 Tutorial
4) Bio 1M03 Tutorial

How likely is that I will be able to change a core, one of my Bio cores is so early, I can't wake up at 830 for class, I need to change it to afternoon, but will it fill up quickly? It's for Bio 1M03.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:43 PM   #2
MacDaddy

Liked: 5 Times

14.31% chance.

Serious Pro-tip: Go to any core you want (or anything with no attendance)
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:53 PM   #3
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Right now the majority of the seats for all the courses (cores/labs/tuts) have been filled up. There will be a few more seats opening up at 8:30 tomorrow for people to shift around, drop, pick-up labs/tuts/cores. Usually everything gets filled up by the end of the day. The majority filled up by late afternoon. Don't worry though. Try to see if there are any openings in the evening. If not wait till the beginning week of Sept. A lot of changes are made then too, cause people have their first experience of various labs/tuts/cores & realize that they want things changed to a different time, move a course to the next term, etc.

naval23 says thanks to -Ish- for this post.

naval23 likes this.
Old 08-07-2012 at 06:54 PM   #4
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
Right now the majority of the seats for all the courses (cores/labs/tuts) have been filled up. There will be a few more seats opening up at 8:30 tomorrow for people to shift around, drop, pick-up labs/tuts/cores. Usually everything gets filled up by the end of the day. The majority filled up by late afternoon. Don't worry though. Try to see if there are any openings in the evening. If not wait till the beginning week of Sept. A lot of changes are made then too, cause people have their first experience of various labs/tuts/cores & realize that they want things changed to a different time, move a course to the next term, etc.
Really? Will the labs fill up that fast, because there should be 2-3 empty slots in every lab since they're so many right? Do I think I should skip work and try to get what I want, because I also have an 830 core that I really don't want lol
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:03 PM   #5
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

You can just show up to the afternoon class, there is no attendance... attendance will drop dramatically after the first week or so
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:10 PM   #6
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady23 View Post
Really? Will the labs fill up that fast, because there should be 2-3 empty slots in every lab since they're so many right? Do I think I should skip work and try to get what I want, because I also have an 830 core that I really don't want lol
It depends on the time and day of the week in which the lab section is scheduled. Wed and Thursday labs(2:30-5:30) tend to be harder to get. Monday labs and 8:30 labs always have open spots (b/c no one wants them).
If you don't get the lab you want when solar opens up tomorrow, don't panic at all. You still have till September to get it. If you check solar very often(everyday) a spot will open up, you just have to be persistent(and maybe lucky too ). I've been able to get all the lab and core sections that I prefer just by doing this.

Personally, I don't think you need to skip work.
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:11 PM   #7
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

You could do what Philipp said. There's no attendance for Bio lectures, so though you may have the morning slot on your timetable, you can come still come to the lectures in the afternoon. The labs do fill up quite quickly. You'll see by the night of the 9th, all (if not most) of the Labs will be listed as Full. The 2-3 spots that are remaining are in control of the Prof's themselves. They keep it for people who really need it - a clash in the timetable/any other issues. If you really really need to change your labs around, take a break from work. If you think it's not that necessary, wait till September - as I said, many people will change their core/tuts/labs around at that time.