MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instructions For Res Move-in This Weekend admin MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-27-2013 10:48 AM
Residence Move-in Weekend Has Begun! Double check you have everything here... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-31-2012 11:59 PM
Cheap Photocopying on the weekend huzaifa47 Computers & Tech 3 04-24-2010 01:31 PM
Will I get to stay in? MidniteSpark Academics 1 05-22-2009 10:05 AM
Upper-Year move in on Weekend? Allan Residence & Housing 12 07-29-2008 11:57 PM

Cheap hostels to stay before move-in weekend

Old 04-29-2014 at 01:49 PM   #1
gallagherorla

Liked: 1 Time

Cheap hostels to stay before move-in weekend
Hi!

Im due to study abroad in McMaster next semester, and am hoping I get accepted for campus accommodation.
However, the move-in days for campus is the 30th and 31st of August, and flights on these days are really expensive.
So, I was thinking of flying over a few days earlier, when flights are cheaper.
Can anyone reccommend any cheap hostels or other type of accommodation we could avail of for anywhere between 1-3 nights?
I've already asked and we will not be permitted to move in before these dates.

Any help much appreciated!
Old 04-29-2014 at 02:18 PM   #2
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Hostels aren't really a thing in Canada and the US. Closest thing you'll get is motels, which typically don't go any lower than $50 a night and are usually higher anyway. You could try seeing if someone would rent you a room for a couple days for $100-$150, depending on how many days.
Old 04-29-2014 at 02:37 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Hamilton Inn is a motel that's relatively close to McMaster - I've never stayed there nor do I know anyone who has, so I can't vouch for it, but if it's only for a night or two, it shouldn't matter that much. They have a website with a phone number and whatnot.
Old 04-29-2014 at 06:25 PM   #4
sangha06

Liked: 0 Times

I googled and found this. You can email them for more information.
http://hamiltonguesthouse.ca
Old 04-29-2014 at 07:07 PM   #5
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

Hamilton Guesthouse is great, they often have deals for ~$20/night.
Old 04-29-2014 at 08:22 PM   #6
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Hamilton Inn is a motel that's relatively close to McMaster - I've never stayed there nor do I know anyone who has, so I can't vouch for it, but if it's only for a night or two, it shouldn't matter that much. They have a website with a phone number and whatnot.
Hamilton Inn is a pretty decent motel
The front part of the motel has pretty nice and clean rooms. But the ones that are in the back are not the best. Guessing the recently renovated the front rooms.