MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CHEM 2E03 or (2OA3 and 2OB3 in summer)? [CHEM ENG] jon.john23 Academics 9 04-19-2012 10:19 AM
Taking Chem 2OB3 during the school year after taking 2OA3 during the summer... oranges Academics 4 08-17-2011 07:47 PM
Course outline 2OA3- Organic Chemistry 1 turtlebay85 Academics 12 08-13-2011 12:08 PM

CHEM 2OA3 outline for the summer?

Old 04-20-2012 at 05:02 PM   #16
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

you got a 12 in both and you are worried? only if you slack off now.
Old 04-20-2012 at 05:08 PM   #17
sam_akbari

Liked: 23 Times

not like im doing equally well in all my other courses (i.e. psychology and evolution destroy my gpa)
Old 04-20-2012 at 05:14 PM   #18
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_akbari View Post
I have a question: I have signed up for Chem 2OA3 and 2OB3 for the summer/spring 2012.

However, one of the requirements of the two courses is that you get being in Honours chem bio.

Although ive gotten 12 in chem 1A03 and confident i got 12 in 1AA3, should i be facing any problems D; ? (i.e. if when in doubt i DONT get into my chem bio honours program)
It's fine, the chembio one is the same course, they just have different codes so that you're all in the same lab section...although they seem to have abandoned that idea this year :|
The chembio one isnt offered in the summer because there's no point. It's literally the exact same course, and if you look at the requirements in the course calendar, either chem 2OA3/2OB3 or chembio 2OA3/2OB3 is acceptable.

sam_akbari says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 04-20-2012 at 05:15 PM   #19
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Well, organic chemistry is a different kind of chemistry than the material covered in first year chem, so it could go either way. But if you did fine on the organic chemistry portion of first year and you're a hard worker, you should be fine.

kaitotst, sam_akbari like this.
Old 04-22-2012 at 11:52 PM   #20
Xenos

Liked: 3 Times

Does anyone have the 2OA3 course outline for the fall/winter 2011-2012 year, since that uses the new textbook?

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012 at 10:04 AM   #21
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Does anyone have the 2OA3 course outline for the fall/winter 2011-2012 year, since that uses the new textbook?

Thanks!
This year was a bit of a mess. 2OA3 went slower than it was suppose to, so some of the material in that course leaked into the 2OB3 course, which mean sacrificing some chapters this course. We ended up not doing alkynes and NMR until the 2nd term, which didn't allow us to study amines and amindes (although the outline said we did, but the prof decided to follow a pacing that was appropriate for students oppose to sticking strictly to the schedule).

The topics should be identical (if not then very similar). They changed the textbook because apparently students were tired of Solomon's book. Personally I like the new textbook better, comes with checkpoints that let you practice each concept before you move on. So changing the textbook probably won't change what you will learn.

I've attached the outline if you still want to look at it.

The chembios were originally suppose to be in the same lab, but it was Friday. The lab coordinator gave us a choice to switch to another day if we wanted to and most of us did.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Outline CHEM 2OA3 2011.pdf (41.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: pdf CHEM BIO 2OB3 approximate weekly schedule.pdf (12.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 04-23-2012 at 01:15 PM   #22
cowman007

Liked: 0 Times

Terri gullon For sure isn't teaching it this summer. She left to go to Nova Scotia last summer and she is teaching there. Also the textbook has changed (something to keep in mind) it is no longer Solomons Organic Chemistry
Old 04-23-2012 at 09:11 PM   #23
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Landry is teaching 20A3 and Harrison is teaching 20B3. I had Landry for Chem 1A03 and he was awesome, Harrison is a nice guy, never had him as a teacher though.