MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ChemBio 2L03 nerual 2nd Year Course Reviews 1 04-30-2011 01:16 PM
ChemBio 2Q03 nerual 2nd Year Course Reviews 1 08-05-2010 04:21 AM
Anyone thinking of going into chembio? VoyozooT Academics 4 07-12-2010 01:49 AM
Health Sci Vs. ChemBio iRetaliate First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-11-2010 05:35 PM
BioChem vs. ChemBio Rayine Academics 5 02-03-2010 12:57 AM

ChemBio vs. SOLAR

Old 06-14-2010 at 12:55 AM   #1
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

ChemBio vs. SOLAR
Anybody else having an absolutely ridiculous time TRYING to major in Chem Bio?
At the moment, Chem Bio 1AA3, Chem Bio 1OA3, Chem Bio 1OB3 are full. They're sorta necessary for my program.
The alternatives, for these courses Chem Bio 1A03, Chem 1OA3, Chem 1OB3, I don't qualify for as they are "Not open to students registered in Honours Chemical Biology."
Now, since I can't take Chem Bio 1OA3/OB3, I no longer have the pre-requisites for Biochem 1B03, and without that, I don't have the pre-requisite for Biochem 1BB3
That's FIVE courses that are REQUIRED for my program... that I'm unable to get.
Add that on top of all the frustration of simply GETTING ONTO SOLAR SUCCESSFULLY... what an amazing night.
I know that I can probably email somebody to sort this all out... but just the simple fact that it happens... angers me slightly.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

Last edited by Rayine : 06-14-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:58 AM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by djRAIN View Post
Anybody else having an absolutely ridiculous time TRYING to major in Chem Bio?
At the moment, Chem Bio 1AA3, Chem Bio 1OA3, Chem Bio 1OB3 are full. They're sorta necessary for my program.
The alternatives, for these courses Chem Bio 1A03, Chem 1OA3, Chem 1OB3, I don't qualify for as they are "Not open to students registered in Honours Chemical Biology."
Now, since I can't take Chem Bio 1OA3/OB3, I no longer have the pre-requisites for Biochem 1B03, and without that, I don't have the pre-requisite for Biochem 1BB3
That\s FIVE courses that are REQUIRED for my program... that I'm unable to get.
Add that on top of all the frustration of simply GETTING ONTO SOLAR SUCCESSFULLY... what an amazing night.
I know that I can probably email somebody to sort this all out... but just the simple fact that it happens...
hi are you registered in chem bio? If you are, you can email the chemistry academic adviser and they will get you in no problem since they are required courses.
Old 06-14-2010 at 01:03 AM   #3
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Yeah, it's not that he's not going to get into the courses. It's that it's 2am on Sunday night and he finally gets into SOLAR only to find out that half the courses he's just trying to pick and get over with aren't working.

Not to mention any elective he had might be full by now. But yeah. I guess patience is all that's required.
Old 06-14-2010 at 01:05 AM   #4
Rayine
Elite Member

and its definitely monday morning now
Old 06-14-2010 at 01:22 AM   #5
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Fair enough.
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:18 AM   #6
sajArora

Liked: Liked 3 Times

I know im going into chem bio too and its 3:15 in the morning and all the courses that u mentioned are full for me too and the annoying part is they got full at 1:30 when i got in first. I mean emailing is no problem but you are right its frustrating. Altho i don't know wat do for my two electives now. What are you taking?
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:40 AM   #7
fred

Liked: 19 Times

i think you only get one elective for chem bio

i have the same issue going on here, chose the program and found out that half the courses i need are full, and that im not eligible for the substitutes since im enrolled in honours chem bio...
Old 06-14-2010 at 02:47 AM   #8
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Kevin's taking Math 1LT3.
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:33 AM   #9
naurasj

Liked: 0 Times

Hey guys!

So I registered into ChemBio as well and am having the same problems with Chem Bio 2AA3, 20A3, and 20B3 being full!

But it also says that I don't have the "requisites" to register into BioChem 2B03 and 2BB3!! I quadruple checked to make sure I have the proper prerequisites and I do!

Is anyone else having this problem with the Biochem courses as well?

Cheers,
Nauras
Old 06-14-2010 at 10:41 AM   #10
Rayine
Elite Member

LOL! Thanks Kam for answering for me.

I just received and email this morning from Chem. Dept. saying that there was a "hiccup" in the system, and ALL those courses were shown as BLOCK to all of us.
This should have been fixed by now. And everything should be handy dandy.

Except that we all wasted probably 4 hours of our lives last night trying to attempt the impossible, and getting as frustrated enough to punch a baby in the face (a metaphor only, and should NEVER be attempted literally, cuz thats just mean).
So i just finished registering... after STILL battling to get into MUGSI/SOLAR for about 5 min.

Good luck everybody else
Old 06-14-2010 at 10:53 AM   #11
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I like the title of the thread.
We couldn't have accessed either Biochem because registration in Chem Bio 2OA3 and Chem Bio 2OB3 is required.
I took Bio 2A03 as my elective. It sucks that there's only one.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-14-2010 at 11:15 AM   #12
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djRAIN View Post
LOL! Thanks Kam for answering for me.

I just received and email this morning from Chem. Dept. saying that there was a "hiccup" in the system, and ALL those courses were shown as BLOCK to all of us.
This should have been fixed by now. And everything should be handy dandy.

Except that we all wasted probably 4 hours of our lives last night trying to attempt the impossible, and getting as frustrated enough to punch a baby in the face (a metaphor only, and should NEVER be attempted literally, cuz thats just mean).
So i just finished registering... after STILL battling to get into MUGSI/SOLAR for about 5 min.

Good luck everybody else
I have a baby downstairs coincidentally. Do you want me to drive him over to your house?
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:07 PM   #13
amyshi

I can't find chem bio on OSAP program list D=
Old 06-14-2010 at 12:10 PM   #14
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

It's there; it does require some searching though. Look for "Chemical Biology" and sift through the pages; there are a lot of grad programs interjected in there.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-14-2010 at 12:21 PM   #15
amyshi

Yeah, I don't know if I'm incredibly blind or something but I've looked through it 6 times now. When I type in "chemical biology" I get 10 pages of results. After BTECH BIOTECHNOLOGY CO-OP FINAL TERM, it's CHEMICAL ENG & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES. The weird thing is that Master Chemical Biology is in there =/. I also tried searching different words and even PHD CHEMICAL BIOLOGY came up.