MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Saigon Asian Restaurant resh.jyoti Restaurants & Food Reviews 14 02-17-2015 04:12 AM
Saravanaa bhavan - Veg Restaurant :D sinthusized Restaurants & Food Reviews 10 08-30-2010 04:25 PM
The Village Restaurant Goce Restaurants & Food Reviews 2 01-05-2009 11:15 PM

Cho Sun Ok Korean Restaurant

Published by Cliu91
11-10-2010
Published by
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Author review
Quality Of Food
90%90%90%
Prices
90%90%90%
Atmosphere
90%90%90%
Service
100%100%100%
Overall Experience
90%90%90%
Average 92%

Hours of Operation: (will be filled later, opens pretty late, until midnight sometimes)
Price: $7-$14 for non BBQ Dinner

The Food:
The food at this restaurant is superb. They cook all their dishes well, and in comparison with the restaurants in Toronto, they are right up there.
The portions they give are not small, but they are not "large" either. A popular korean dish (Bim Bim Bop) is priced at around $7.99 and comes in a decent sized portion.

The main dishes are priced accordingly. However, their appetizers seem to cost more than the main dishes! It's best to skip appetizers and go straight to the main menue. Seeing as there are several little "free" foods that come along with your meal.

+ Each meal comes standard with a little flattened rice cake (delicious, 1 per table)
+ Each meal comes standard with the kim chi, and several other smaller dishes (1 set of 5-6 small plates)

The Service:
The people here are friendly. You can stop them and ask for refills of tea and/or water with no problem.
You'll often be greeted by a "Goodbye! Thank you!" by the waitresses. However, when it gets really busy during peak hours, this tends to be overlooked.

Pricing:
Again, the main dishes are priced exceptionally well. Appetizers not so much.
You definitely feel like you're getting a bargains worth with all the small dishes presented.

Return?
I come here quite often with my girlfriend. She loves korean food, and we've made it a ritual to go there every couple weeks.

I recommend that any of you out there that like Korean foods, or are willing to try new foods, to give this restaurant a try. The food is delicious!

mahmoosh likes this.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Cho Sun Ok Korean Restaurant!

Old 05-04-2011 at 01:06 AM   #2
huangb5
Year: Alumni

Liked: 0 Times
Cho Sun Ok below OK
I've been to Cho Sun Ok a few times and it is not impressive and places in Toronto are much better in comparison. The restaurant does offer a glimpse into what Korean food is but I've had much tastier dishes elsewhere. Food is not consistent and Banchans (side dishes) are poor quality. If you would like to try good Korean food, go to Mississauga or Toronto.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 05-04-2011 at 11:36 AM   #3
alex751
Program: Electrical & Computer Engineering
Year: Second

Liked: 26 Times
isn't that place out of business?
every time I go there it's closed
Old 05-08-2011 at 08:00 PM   #4
jessswang
Year: Third

I've been here once, and I definitely feel that they may be one of the bests in Hamilton however, they're not much compared to korean restaurants in Toronto

Old 05-24-2011 at 01:39 PM   #5
xox_knguyens
Year: Second

Love korean food.. defz have to try.
Old 09-10-2013 at 01:13 AM   #6
youdontknow
Year: Third

Liked: 7 Times
I LOVE that place.