MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Classics 2LC3 Guest253 Academics 0 06-16-2010 08:20 AM
Classics 1A03, Classics 1B03 ??? Guest253 Academics 5 06-10-2010 10:03 AM
Classics, anyone? Shmowen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 07-06-2009 07:16 PM
Difference between classics 1A03 and classics 1M03?? Guest253 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-04-2008 07:53 AM

Classics 2LC3

Classics 2LC3
History of Ancient Rome pt I
Published by kokosas
12-07-2008
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
40%40%40%
Interest
100%100%100%
Easiness
90%90%90%
Average 78%
Classics 2LC3

Dr. E. Haley taught this class in the Fall of 2008. Normally I have good things to say of Prof. Haley but this semester he disappointed even me. His mumbling and erradic way of teaching led to much confusion even amongst some of the experienced Classics students like myself.

This course covers the early history of Rome from the Early Republic (as far as we know from our evidence) to the assasination of Gaius Julius Caesar and the after effects of that assasination. The course focuses on military achievements of Rome, esp in the beginning of her expansion (circa mid 300's- 270's BC), the various political power shifts (ie: Marcus, Sulla, Caesar), the functions of Roman government, its foreign policies and often reluctant creation of provinces following wars or conflicts.

The course was very interesting but I myself relied on my textbook a lot more than I am usually comfortable with. I have said it before and I will say it again, Dr. Haley is a brilliant man, he knows his stuff, but this semester there was something off with him and it effected his lecturing. Either way, I enjoyed this course and am looking forward to its counterpart (also taught by Haley) 2LD3.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Classics 2LC3!

Old 05-31-2010 at 09:42 AM   #2
Guest253
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times
Do you happen to have a copy of an old syllabus?
Old 12-22-2012 at 09:44 AM   #3
jocelyn200

Liked: 0 Times
He doesn't post the syllabus online!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search