MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clubfest 2010 luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 09-08-2010 06:07 AM
Clubfest & Sidewalk sale **jewel 03** General Discussion 3 08-08-2009 11:33 PM
For the Clubfest thing Goce Academics 5 09-03-2008 05:25 PM
ClubFest II! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-17-2007 10:41 AM

Clubfest... what did you think?

Old 09-06-2008 at 12:37 AM   #31
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-max View Post
saw the macinsiders booth and got the touque and met the great Chad. For some reason I imagined him as a much taller person...
Haha, i'm pretty average in size. Sorry to disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
Im suprised a lot of you didnt see the Macinsiders booth, it wasnt too flashy but I met the beast (Mitch) and the legend (Chad)..two great individuals
Thanks for stopping by our booth! Most of what we do is online, so there wasn't much to show except a large screen with our site. We compensated by having a ton of awesome prizes. Huge thanks to Windup Records and Quarters for providing us with the great swag!

Don't forget to redeem your macinsiders card for 20% off your next meal at Quarters!
Old 09-06-2008 at 11:27 AM   #32
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

lol I came to clubsfest just to see Macinsiders first..I didnt see Loren though :(

Old 09-06-2008 at 11:28 AM   #33
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermelon View Post
Yeah I know! Where was this though?!

If you had exit from where the elevators are at MUSC, thas the first thing you would see on your left..

man if there were COD4, Halo servers at Mac, I'd play with my laptop or something lol..COD4 story mode was amazing..

Old 09-06-2008 at 02:08 PM   #34
hmmmcurious

Liked: 9 Times

What happened to the McMaster GO Club :(
http://www.msu.mcmaster.ca/clubs/lis...hp?clubid=2 4

I was looking forward to joining it, but it's not on the new club listing page, so I guess they no longer exist.
Old 09-08-2008 at 06:57 PM   #35
MSaleh

Liked: 8 Times

I'm going to join most <Insert Race> Societies or Associations, because well, I like variety. The club I joined so far was The Diabetes Awareness Club, because I'm a type 1 diabetic.

As for emailing, it takes a bit for them to response :(, I still haven't gotten a response from the Japanese Club, it's been almost a week. I don't know what else to join, because honestly, clubs are going to be, for me at least, the better way to meet people, since all my classes are lectures of 300+, but then again, I haven't had a tutorial with about 20-40 people, maybe then I'll talk to a few people, although I would probably be going crazy for help, rather than meeting people.
Old 09-08-2008 at 07:42 PM   #36
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

i agree, its hard to make friends, or even acquaintances in lecture because i never see anyone again.
im also waiting for a few emails too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSaleh View Post
I'm going to join most <Insert Race> Societies or Associations, because well, I like variety. The club I joined so far was The Diabetes Awareness Club, because I'm a type 1 diabetic.

As for emailing, it takes a bit for them to response :(, I still haven't gotten a response from the Japanese Club, it's been almost a week. I don't know what else to join, because honestly, clubs are going to be, for me at least, the better way to meet people, since all my classes are lectures of 300+, but then again, I haven't had a tutorial with about 20-40 people, maybe then I'll talk to a few people, although I would probably be going crazy for help, rather than meeting people.
Old 09-08-2008 at 08:20 PM   #37
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

I am so bummed that I missed Clubfest. I have joined some clubs Facebooks groups so hopefully I can stay somewhat in the loop and be able to go to some first meets.

I am thinking of joining some of the artsy clubs: Art and Art History Society, McMaster Photography Association, Knit or Go Home. So I can try those out.

As for the diversity at Mac, I noticed that a lot lately. I am really not used that. People used to call the high school I went to 'the white school' haha. There were barely any minorities.
I think it's really cool though, it's interesting meeting people with different backgrounds. I would join one of the Asian groups if they let me in, haha.
Old 09-08-2008 at 08:33 PM   #38
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSaleh View Post
As for emailing, it takes a bit for them to response :(, I still haven't gotten a response from the Japanese Club, it's been almost a week.
I'm not saying this is what's happening in this specific case, but another thing you guys need to know is that a lot of these clubs (perhaps despite their best intentions) don't actually do that much stuff throughout the year. Some are definitely more active than others, so if you're not getting a response, it may be because they don't really have much of a club at the moment, despite being on the official listing.
Old 09-08-2008 at 08:51 PM   #39
wintermelon

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySusie View Post
I am so bummed that I missed Clubfest. I have joined some clubs Facebooks groups so hopefully I can stay somewhat in the loop and be able to go to some first meets.

I am thinking of joining some of the artsy clubs: Art and Art History Society, McMaster Photography Association, Knit or Go Home. So I can try those out.

As for the diversity at Mac, I noticed that a lot lately. I am really not used that. People used to call the high school I went to 'the white school' haha. There were barely any minorities.
I think it's really cool though, it's interesting meeting people with different backgrounds. I would join one of the Asian groups if they let me in, haha.
Diversity? Really? This school is whiter than a dentist's teeth.
Old 09-08-2008 at 09:39 PM   #40
MSaleh

Quote:
Agreed, so far.
Old 09-09-2008 at 05:25 PM   #41
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
I really can't believe how many people are saying this.....you have no idea how diverse Mac is compared to some schools. I'd venture to say it's more diverse than any other university outside Toronto, which really is a world unto itself. You can't really compare the diversity of any region of Canada to Toronto, it's just on a completely different level there.

Heh, I think part of the problem is that Torontonians never want to actually leave their city for anything so they think the rest of the world is just like that too :p
Old 09-09-2008 at 05:38 PM   #42
MSaleh

Mac may be, but from what I've seen so far, it holds many many white people. I do see others such asians, brown people, etc etc. but so far, it's been predominantly white. This is from what I've seen, mind you, I'm not saying it's not diverse.

Last edited by MSaleh : 09-09-2008 at 08:13 PM.