MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer from college? Leibniz Academics 6 09-26-2010 09:17 PM
Action Required-Sectioning Conflict amyshi Academics 13 08-10-2010 01:02 PM
Coldex Fridge Policy - Action Now! (from the IRC) sarrah66 MacInsiders Announcements 10 08-03-2010 08:31 PM
Table Tennis Club back in action Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 07-04-2009 09:46 PM

College pro or 'action go'

Old 09-24-2009 at 08:41 PM   #1
Sasha

Liked: 8 Times

College pro or 'action go'
Has anyone heard of a company "Action Pro" or as they were previously called "College Pro"? Has anyone ever worked for them? I went to one of their meetings today and it honestly sounds too good to be true. Is there anyone that can vouch for them?
-Alexander
Old 09-24-2009 at 08:43 PM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I know a lot of people who've made quite a bit of money with companies like College Pro. But I've also heard that it's a lot of work and it often feels like you're doing a lot more than your superiors.
Old 09-24-2009 at 08:46 PM   #3
Sasha

I wouldn't mind as long as there was money But do you know anyone who specifically worked for College pro who I can talk to?
Old 09-24-2009 at 08:49 PM   #4
Fight0
Elite Member

Yeah, but there's not really any socially acceptable way of giving you his contact info.

All I know is that it can be dangerous at times and that you'll really have to break your back. But the pay is good.

Last edited by Fight0 : 09-24-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2009 at 08:51 PM   #5
Sasha

Alright true enough, well can you tell him that if he wants to help out to add me of facebook (Alexander Andrenkov). I would really appreciate it!
Old 09-24-2009 at 09:12 PM   #6
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

If you google them, you will see some personal reviews from sites.

Old 09-24-2009 at 11:35 PM   #7
Sasha

Tried that but came up dry. See what really got me was the woman said a single person working @ the position in question will have over 1700 customers, and imo 1700 homes is a bit over the top. Kk I guess Ill try my hand @ google again.
Old 09-24-2009 at 11:41 PM   #8
Fight0
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Alright true enough, well can you tell him that if he wants to help out to add me of facebook (Alexander Andrenkov). I would really appreciate it!
Is there anything specific you want me to ask him? He doesn't have facebook.
Old 09-25-2009 at 06:48 AM   #9
Raeann89

Liked: 4 Times

My friend worked this summer for College Pro (and still has about a quarter of her work term to do) and from the summer alone she is over 5 grand in debt due to this. It's way too much work and the company takes off over 40% royalties right off the bat, so often you have to pay your employees right out of your own pocket. In the beginning it was fine, but now she had to get her parents to help her pay for school and get out of debt. I would NOT recommend working for them...it is definitely a huge gamble.

Annie, J-Met, Kathy2, malycknm all say thanks to Raeann89 for this post.
Old 09-25-2009 at 11:31 AM   #10
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I did painting with them and I couldn't wait until the summer was over - NOT a good job and a total pyramid scheme. I was desperate for a job so I was stuck with it. I ended up only making enough money to cover my summer expenses. Do not recommend

Kathy2 says thanks to temara.brown for this post.
Old 09-25-2009 at 12:23 PM   #11

Do it yourself instead, these "work for yourself" companies are total scams. If you want what these guys are offering, actually do it for yourself. Also college pro is not technically a pyramid scheme, but it is still a scam.
Old 09-25-2009 at 10:09 PM   #12
Sasha

Thanks guys, this is actually kind of what I figured cause I mean the whole 'be your own boss and make 10k+ a summer' sounded too good to be true, and I guess it was. I'm still planning on keeping a life so I'll most likely look up jobs from the newspaper or stick with my old job @ the hospital (which hasn't given me a single shift for three weeks, almost four). But yeah thanks to everyone!!
Old 09-25-2009 at 10:18 PM   #13
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

All I ever hear about College Pro from people around campus is how much it sucks/sucked. It's frequently in the form of jokes of College Pro. It seems like its pretty well known that College Pro is a shitty thing to get involved w/ so I definitely wouldn't go for it.
Old 09-26-2009 at 01:23 AM   #14
Kevin S.
Rigid Member

Liked: 25 Times

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I worked for one of these student-based companies this past summer (won't mention the name) and I hated it. My advice is always do some research on an employer before you accept a job.
Old 09-26-2009 at 10:12 PM   #15
Sasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I worked for one of these student-based companies this past summer (won't mention the name) and I hated it. My advice is always do some research on an employer before you accept a job.
Yeah that's always a good idea =D