MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attending other lectures waldo92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-31-2010 02:49 PM
CollegePro in second year commerce class yesterday Kathy2 General Discussion 30 01-11-2010 04:14 PM
Sarah Palin now speaking at children's charity, not hospital Kathy2 Politics 14 12-19-2009 02:06 AM
What to do before lectures M&M&M&M First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-11-2009 10:18 AM
Recording lectures? Avneet Academics 2 06-20-2008 02:42 PM

CollegePro STILL speaking at beginning of lectures

Old 10-11-2010 at 03:35 PM   #1
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

CollegePro STILL speaking at beginning of lectures
I don't mean to get another CollegePro thread started, but I thought that it was resolved that they couldn't waste our lecture time anymore?

I'm taking a second year Geography elective and they had their regular speech at the beginning of my class on Thursday.
Old 10-11-2010 at 03:36 PM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Might be time to break out the ol' shot gun.
Old 10-11-2010 at 03:57 PM   #3
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

I would request everyone to email the MSU President Mary Koziol at [email protected] r.ca as well as Head of University Student Affairs Phil Wood at [email protected] aster.ca

I tried hard last week by talking to all concerned parties about getting them away from free advertisment and legitimization within class rooms and was unofficially promised that this would be implemented. While they haven't come to a class of mine since first year I am shocked to hear they are still conducting their solicitation in class rooms. I'll send Mary an email right now as well but at some point the power rests entirely in the hands of the MSU President because she has the direct connection with the provost and student affairs department that I simply don't.

All I request of you guys is just a few minutes to type up that email, bringing it up on MI won't get the issue anywhere beyond bringing it to "my" attention.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Kathy2, Marlowe, mkozi all say thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.
Old 10-12-2010 at 06:58 PM   #4
mkozi

Liked: 100 Times

Hi everyone,

I received a few emails about this, and am in the process of seeing what can be done. I know there were some complaints about this last year, and it was brought to the attention of Associate Vice-President (Academic) Peter Smith and Dean of Students Phil Wood.

I have contacted both Dr. Smith and Dr. Wood about this, and expect to hear back promptly. As Dr. Smith is currently away at a conference for a week, I wouldn't expect response before next week. However, I will follow-up as soon as possible!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Sincerely,

Mary
(MSU President)

ps. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] r.ca with any additional concerns, or as suggested above by Huzaifa

jackiemac, Kathy2 all say thanks to mkozi for this post.
Old 10-12-2010 at 09:26 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

They came to my anatomy lecture today again. Wrote 'scam' at the top of the paper. And I don't think anybody else signed the paper, lol.

I'm thinking of buying silly string and getting out of my seat to spray the guy next time he comes; what do you think?

britb, collinbf, KYLB0T, sew12 like this.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:41 PM   #6
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
They came to my anatomy lecture today again. Wrote 'scam' at the top of the paper. And I don't think anybody else signed the paper, lol.

I'm thinking of buying silly string and getting out of my seat to spray the guy next time he comes; what do you think?
Anatomy? Was it the Kin one, or an upper year course?
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:50 PM   #7
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozi View Post
Hi everyone,

I received a few emails about this, and am in the process of seeing what can be done. I know there were some complaints about this last year, and it was brought to the attention of Associate Vice-President (Academic) Peter Smith and Dean of Students Phil Wood.

I have contacted both Dr. Smith and Dr. Wood about this, and expect to hear back promptly. As Dr. Smith is currently away at a conference for a week, I wouldn't expect response before next week. However, I will follow-up as soon as possible!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Sincerely,

Mary
(MSU President)

ps. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] r.ca with any additional concerns, or as suggested above by Huzaifa
Mary what does it take to be in MSU body? I would like to join in and gain some valuable experience
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:54 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Anatomy? Was it the Kin one, or an upper year course?
Nursing/biomed/midwifery
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:56 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Nursing/biomed/midwifery
So, does that mean to go beyond 1st year courses? Because that's the only time I've ever seen them. I figured they didn't want to get heckled.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:57 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
So, does that mean to go beyond 1st year courses? Because that's the only time I've ever seen them. I figured they didn't want to get heckled.
Its a huge class, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a few 4th years in it. Mostly 1sts. They've been around at this time table slot 3 times this year.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:59 PM   #11
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

I've never run into these Colege pro people.
Who are they and what do they say/want from us??
:S

Old 10-12-2010 at 11:07 PM   #12
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
I thought I told you :p
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:19 PM   #13
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
It's a business that takes advantage of desperate students, sends them out to different jobs makes them work long hours in unsafe conditions for menial pay, and tells them to do only do the basic job to save on paint. The team bosses are students themselves who've they dupe into signing horrible contracts promising up to 16,000. That student has to do all the advertising, and find work for his team with 25% of the payment going to the company. Afterwards they discover that the contract promises no money at all, and if they quite they have to pay $4,000. They appeal to students with the "be your own boss" line, but in reality it's just a big scam.

They use the college look to appeal to home owners who think their supporting students.

Last edited by collinbf : 10-12-2010 at 11:27 PM.