MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone currently watching Highschool of the dead? xxsumz Anime & Comic Books 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
Anime Fans Unite NatalyaOtaku Anime & Comic Books 17 08-08-2010 01:22 AM
anyone watching greys? SciMania Movies & Television 15 05-21-2010 05:16 PM
Bird Watching Club ShouldBeStudying Clubs & Groups 0 04-15-2010 11:56 AM
Where's the Anime/Manga club? RoyK Anime & Comic Books 5 09-28-2008 11:42 PM

What comics/anime everyone reading/watching?

Old 06-25-2010 at 06:04 PM   #31
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Currently on episode 53 of Dragonball Z (NAMEK SAGA). Finished Dragon Ball about a month ago. My job is seriously cutting into my dragon ball watching time.

I'll probably watch both versions of Dragonball Z and then move on to GT, and then Kai. And then I'll probably rewatch them all in Japanese.

Good summer ahead of me.

(only anime I like)

Wait...there's a fourth one? So...there's Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Z Movies 1 to infinity, Dragonball GT and now Dragonball Kai? When did Kai happen?

The hell more do they have the fight about? Did Hercule's power level reach 9000 or something?
Old 06-25-2010 at 06:10 PM   #32
HaXoRZ

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Wait...there's a fourth one? So...there's Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Z Movies 1 to infinity, Dragonball GT and now Dragonball Kai? When did Kai happen?

The hell more do they have the fight about? Did Hercule's power level reach 9000 or something?
Kai is basically a condensed version of Z without the fillers and better animation.
Old 06-25-2010 at 06:22 PM   #33
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:

TRUE DRAGONBALL FANS SHOULD KNOW THIS.

;d

(and it happened pretty recently...hence why I started rewatching them all recently )

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-25-2010 at 07:22 PM   #34
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

LOL. What are they gonna do the the 25th, 50th and 100th anniversaries? Make series devoted ENTIRELY to the witty combat banter? A slideshow of every Kamehameha ever fired? Release the equation that relates the volume the attack is yelled out, in inverse of the time it takes to do it, and its effect on the target?

I think your nuts, Cheri!
Let's see... there's 291 in DBZ, 64 in GT, 153 in DB; so 508 episodes

Now Kai. (Namek ends at 56, so ~150 at the end, since it corresponds to 108 in the original), adding it in = 658

Doubled, since Cheri said she want to do both languages (I'm going to ignore the difference in episode count) = 1316 episodes

At 23 minutes each = 30268 minutes = 504.5 hrs =

21 STRAIGHT DAYS OF EPISODES

-facepalm- They should give out medals or something for people that do that and don't kill themselves.

Keep us updated, lol. Add it to your sig or something. So we'll know when the call the hotline.

lawleypop says thanks to britb for this post.

0t10, lawleypop like this.
Old 06-25-2010 at 07:29 PM   #35
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

You're missing some episodes.

I'm gonna be watching the uncut and Ocean version of DBZ. I'm doing the 291 version first (on episode 63) and then the Ocean version.

I'd like to say that maybe I'll just do the first 53 episodes of the Ocean version, but that'll be a lie.

But I REALLY wanna watch the "I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS. YOU WON'T ESCAPE... MY WRATHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'LL GET YOUUUUUUUUUU. YOU'RE ALL MINE!" version. ;D

But otherwise, I'd say your calculations are pretty good. ;D

I've only used up about 35 gigs in 2 months though. And considering I JUST opened our internet bill for this month and 4 of us used 124.11 gigs of bandwidth, I'd say I'm doing alright.

(Have I mentioned that I want Vegeta tattooed on my forearm?)

Last edited by lawleypop : 06-25-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:15 PM   #36
Kira

Liked: 3 Times

I like Vegeta's character too. He basically showed the most amount of character development throughout the series.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:23 PM   #37
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Yeah, Vegeta was my favourite, he pwned. I liked the part where he exploded, it was one of the few moments DBZ had any emotion other than FUUUUUUUUU! I liked Trunks too, dunno why really. Gohan was annoying except when he pretended to be a superhero (lol)...actually, the whole Goku side of the tree was annoying.
Old 06-25-2010 at 10:30 PM   #38
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Yeah, Vegeta was my favourite, he pwned. I liked the part where he exploded, it was one of the few moments DBZ had any emotion other than FUUUUUUUUU! I liked Trunks too, dunno why really. Gohan was annoying except when he pretended to be a superhero (lol)...actually, the whole Goku side of the tree was annoying.
I think Trunks is cool, I also liked fat Buu.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:10 PM   #39
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Any chance someone here's seen Eden of the East? It's a short, 11-episode anime series that I thought was really good. The main story was also expanded upon with two movies that I've yet to see.

The opening credits really pulled me in. Not only is the song one of Oasis', but I really like the animating style and colours used.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:33 PM   #40
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Any chance someone here's seen Eden of the East? It's a short, 11-episode anime series that I thought was really good. The main story was also expanded upon with two movies that I've yet to see.

The opening credits really pulled me in. Not only is the song one of Oasis', but I really like the animating style and colours used.
Was pretty good. The animation is similar to another series that came before it called Honey and Clover. I personally think it is waaay better then Eden of the East you should def check it out.

I'm reading Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Kimi no Iru Machi and Scott Pilgrim.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:42 PM   #41
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
Was pretty good. The animation is similar to another series that came before it called Honey and Clover. I personally think it is waaay better then Eden of the East you should def check it out.

I'm reading Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Kimi no Iru Machi and Scott Pilgrim.
Ah Scott Pilgrim. I should really catch up to that... I think the last one I read was the 3rd one. There's 6 now right?
Old 06-26-2010 at 07:07 AM   #42
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Actually, I lied. I also liked Escaflowne as a kid (only seen bits and pieces though). I just remembered about it last night. Anyone else watch it?

Don't really remember anything about it, except the cool wings haha. I might watch it after I finish up my Dragon ball stuff.

Old 06-26-2010 at 10:40 AM   #43
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Oh, I watched Esca. It was pretty cool, but it was a long time ago. It had one of the coolest mecha designs ever - dragon, wh00t.

Trigun was good, so was Cowboy Bebop.
Old 06-26-2010 at 10:54 AM   #44
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

I loved Eden of the East! I actually watched the first movie the other day, and it was pretty good I must say - kind of ends on a cliffhanger too. You can find the first movie on anime-media.com.

And yeah, I agree about the animation being similar to that of Honey & Clover. Might have to do with the production company J.C. Staff. H&C is amazing once you get into it.
Old 07-05-2010 at 10:33 AM   #45
0t10

Liked: 0 Times

FMA just finished! pretty awesome ending....heck, it was the only anime ive seen so far with a proper epilogue-ish ending.

other sows i recently watched were durarara! and Black Lagoon. both were really good.

things im keeping up with: darker than black gaidens and hellsing OVAs...but they take a lot of time to come out