MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commerce Internship Question DarkReaper Academics 1 06-13-2010 02:49 PM
2nd year commerce MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-05-2009 09:41 AM
2nd year commerce tangs24 Academics 3 03-24-2009 09:51 AM
Credits to go into 2nd year commerce shapkin123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-21-2008 09:43 PM

Commerce Internship after 3rd year?

Old 11-24-2009 at 02:58 AM   #1
danman324

Liked: 1 Time

Commerce Internship after 3rd year?
Hi,

I'm wondering...if it is possible to enter the commerce internship program after third year and not during it like normally done? I'm am currently in third year, on exchange at the moment, and of course...the neither business school, nor the CBCD, nor the CIP people like to respond to my emails in a timely fashion.

Thanks for any info.

-Dan
Old 11-24-2009 at 09:14 AM   #2
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

I always thought the internship program was after third year
Old 11-24-2009 at 11:17 AM   #3
hanshigi

Liked: 0 Times

order for you to become elegible to go out for an intership
you have to take the commerce 3in0 "course"
it's a training sort of a thing where they teach you about interviews, resume writting and such

so yes, the intership is after 3rd year, but the training is throughout the first semester of third year,

and after your intership, you must come back to school for a minimum 24 units

so yeah.. it's sort of stupid to do it after 4th year.
Old 11-24-2009 at 11:30 AM   #4
gmon

Liked: 0 Times

Yea its too late for you now, 3in0 is only offered in the fall semester, and you needed to complete it to do internship after third year (which btw is the ONLY time to do an internship).
On the bright side, at least you get to hit the job market a year earlier than internship takers though
Old 11-24-2009 at 12:23 PM   #5
danman324

Liked: 1 Time

I'm aware that 3IN0 is needed and of the whole process that potential internees go through. Sorry, my question should have asked is it possible to go through the whole process in and during 4th year? even though it may be kinda stupid to, like hanshigi said...
Old 11-24-2009 at 12:41 PM   #6
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

You can't go on internship after fourth year. If you are wondering whether you could take 3IN0 as a learning opportunity for your graduate career search, I'm sure the CBCD would be fine with that. They take way more students in 3IN0 than just the ones who actually get internship positions.
Old 11-28-2009 at 07:15 PM   #7
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

We just finished the 3IN0 sessions last week. I don't think you can be an intern after completing fourth year. But if you're interested in taking 3IN0 next year, I'm sure they would take you, since it's a first come first serve RSVP thing. They don't only take students who are interested in the internship program. I find some of their sessions (or maybe just their information package) useful though.