MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transfer credits in 1st year engineering jntyrhds First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2010 10:36 AM
2nd year commerce MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-05-2009 09:41 AM
2nd year commerce tangs24 Academics 3 03-24-2009 09:51 AM

Credits to go into 2nd year commerce

Old 09-18-2008 at 07:01 PM   #1
shapkin123

Liked: 0 Times

Credits to go into 2nd year commerce
I currently am inrolled in 30 units of courses for 1st year commerce. I really hate one of my classes and wanted to drop it, which would leave me with 27 units. Am i still able to go into 2nd year commerce with 27units and make up for the other 3 along the way or in summer school?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-21-2008 at 09:43 PM   #2
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapkin123 View Post
I currently am inrolled in 30 units of courses for 1st year commerce. I really hate one of my classes and wanted to drop it, which would leave me with 27 units. Am i still able to go into 2nd year commerce with 27units and make up for the other 3 along the way or in summer school?

Thanks in advance.
Your number one resourse for answers is the McMaster calendar:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...2008/index.htm

As long as you have the correct number of credits or show you will have the correct amount before next September, you will be fine. (ie, you would have to take summer school in the summer of 2009 before your second year)

Please note that you are out of the DROP'N'ADD period. If you drop the class now, it will still appear on your transcript as a dropped class.