MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Common courtesy DannyV General Discussion 33 08-27-2009 10:14 PM
Let's Solve the Solar Issue! huzaifa47 General Discussion 41 08-25-2009 12:31 PM
Common Rooms pocalyuko General Discussion 7 08-05-2009 08:39 PM
SOLAR Issues and PSYCH 1XX3 crazytown Academics 10 07-02-2009 12:44 AM
SOLAR issues: why isn't it open? HeatherH Academics 172 08-14-2008 04:05 PM

Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!)

Old 07-02-2008 at 02:16 PM   #45
shleyaa
Program: Nursing
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 8 Times
payment agreement
sooo i keep getting this message saying that the combination of options i chose were invalid. i selected OSAP as my funding option, and monthly payment method (B) which is for ppl who are registering for a full session (8 months) .. am i doing something wrong? the other payment methods work, but i dont understand why the option i chose doesn't.

Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 07-02-2008 at 02:48 PM   #46
gillybean
Program: Communication Studies
Year: Third

Liked: 1 Time
question,
for all those mac users (mac as in apple computers, not mac as in mcmaster)
does safari work with it? or does it have to be internet explorer?
Old 07-02-2008 at 03:05 PM   #47
cowcow
Program: Civil Engineering
Year: Second

Liked: 2 Times
For those having trouble with the first year math courses. (1Z04 and 1ZZ5). You can now add it into your timetable as of 4 pm on July 2nd. (probably a glitch that got fixed)
Old 07-02-2008 at 04:08 PM   #48
Duncanson
Program: Engineering & Management
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleyaa View Post
sooo i keep getting this message saying that the combination of options i chose were invalid. i selected OSAP as my funding option, and monthly payment method (B) which is for ppl who are registering for a full session (8 months) .. am i doing something wrong? the other payment methods work, but i dont understand why the option i chose doesn't.

Maybe it might be the payment method you are using...are u doing online banking'/cheque/international wire transfer?
Old 07-02-2008 at 04:22 PM   #49
MacEng
Program: Materials Science & Engineering
Year: Fifth
Residence: nuts swinging, swinging my nuts

Liked: 125 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcow View Post
For those having trouble with the first year math courses. (1Z04 and 1ZZ5). You can now add it into your timetable as of 4 pm on July 2nd. (probably a glitch that got fixed)
yep worked for me ty
Old 07-02-2008 at 05:22 PM   #50
Sarah13
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Fourth
Residence: Brandon Alum!

Liked: 11 Times
Are you using OSAP for ALL of your tuition/res costs? If so, then I think it would make more sense to choose the "installment plan" for payment, since OSAP gets released in September and January (and that's when your installments would be due).
Old 07-02-2008 at 08:10 PM   #51
Jennemb
Faculty: Business / Commerce
Year: Prospective Student

When I try to log into mugsi I get the message "your session time has expired or you have used an unsupported browser activity" does this just mean that the server is full so it wont let me in??
Old 07-02-2008 at 09:04 PM   #52
williamhend
Program: Engineering (General)
Year: Alumni

ya there was a glitch with the session or it timed out. wait 10 minutes and try again.
Old 07-02-2008 at 09:07 PM   #53
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
You can't select OSAP yet guys. Read #6!

Quote:
6. OSAP AND SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING OPTIONS NOT AVAILABLE!!!
If you're seeing "No Application" beside OSAP this is NORMAL! OSAP hasn't been processed yet so you can't select it as a funding option (yet!). Same with entrance scholarships. So I suggest that you confirm your payment agreement anyways (without selecting OSAP or scholarship options) and then in a few weeks check back and see if they have been processed. Once they have, you'll see a dollar amount beside "OSAP" (if you applied for it) and you can click the check box to subtract that amount from your payment total and then RECONFIRM your payment agreement with the new updated amount!
Old 07-02-2008 at 09:55 PM   #54
Jennemb
Faculty: Business / Commerce
Year: Prospective Student

I was never in a session to begin with...I was just trying to log into mugsi when I got that message...Is that what it is supposed to say when the server is full?
Old 07-03-2008 at 01:46 AM   #55
stevennevets
Program: Philosophy
Year: Fifth
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 37 Times
so i'm in science I, thought i could sign up for some of the hum electives by now, but all four philosophies still say full? would they actually already all be full by now, or do i have to wait another day to register?
Old 07-03-2008 at 02:05 AM   #56
Sync
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: First

Liked: 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevennevets View Post
so i'm in science I, thought i could sign up for some of the hum electives by now, but all four philosophies still say full? would they actually already all be full by now, or do i have to wait another day to register?
All of them including Philos 1B03? I'm in busines and it's available to me.
Old 07-03-2008 at 10:34 AM   #57
dragonfly
Program: Computer Engineering
Residence: McKay Hall

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillybean View Post
question,
for all those mac users (mac as in apple computers, not mac as in mcmaster)
does safari work with it? or does it have to be internet explorer?
Firefox and internet explorer worked fine with mugsi on a mac. I was able to drop and add courses successfully. I just went in using safari, and it looked like it should work too. I didn't have any courses to add, but i could see everything and i could view the payment agreement fine. It looks like it should work nicely.
Old 07-03-2008 at 10:46 AM   #58
Guest253
Account Disabled by User
Program: Theatre & Film
Year: Other

im tryign to pick History 1M03 on solar but it says full. Does it count as a social science so thats y i cant pick it till firday or is it jsut full ? cuase i went on at midnite 2day cause thats when humanities opened up (and i thought it was a humanities course) and it said it was full :S
Old 07-03-2008 at 11:00 AM   #59
McIntyre
Program: Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 182 Times
Often courses have a cap for the number of outside-faculty students that can enroll in that course. Keep in mind all the 5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd year students have already selected their courses and there may no longer be extra seats for other students.

For example, I wanted to do a minor in business. The commerce faculty only lets 40 non-commerce students into each of the classes. These seats were already full by the time 3rd year science students got to select. Sometimes 1st and 2nd year courses are popular with upper years - it all depends.

Article Tools