MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Common courtesy DannyV General Discussion 33 08-27-2009 10:14 PM
Let's Solve the Solar Issue! huzaifa47 General Discussion 41 08-25-2009 12:31 PM
Common Rooms pocalyuko General Discussion 7 08-05-2009 08:39 PM
SOLAR Issues and PSYCH 1XX3 crazytown Academics 10 07-02-2009 12:44 AM
SOLAR issues: why isn't it open? HeatherH Academics 172 08-14-2008 04:05 PM

Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!)

Old 07-04-2008 at 01:00 AM   #60
newsha
Program: Communication Studies
Year: Second
Residence: HEDDEN

Liked: Liked 5 Times
ok so for my payment agreement, i clicked OSAP and it says 'no application' beside it, but i still confirmed it. i read what you wrote, so does this mean, as long as i have OSAP selected my payment agreement is actually NOT confirmed and this may be the reason that it says i'm not eligble for any macid services!??!
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 07-04-2008 at 01:04 AM   #61
newsha
Program: Communication Studies
Residence: HEDDEN

Liked: Liked 5 Times
ALSO (sorry if you've answered this somewhere else) when will it say on our payment agreement that we get, for example, $1000 off because we have over an 85% average.
Old 07-08-2008 at 12:02 AM   #62
xtrahsmall
Program: Health Sciences
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
Payment Agreement!
uh oh!
i read on another post that i can pay AFTER july 8th *which is my deadline* ive already chosen my courses.but i havent paid!!
i went on solar and now its CLOSED
wat do i do?!
Old 07-08-2008 at 11:57 AM   #63
Eva C
Elite Member
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Les Prince Hall 613 (06/07), Mary. E. Keyes 410(07/08), Brandon Hall (08/09), Les Prince (09/10)

Liked: 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsha View Post
ALSO (sorry if you've answered this somewhere else) when will it say on our payment agreement that we get, for example, $1000 off because we have over an 85% average.
once your marks get in to mcmaster, the financial aid office will process it ! during my first year, according to my records i got approved for it around july 15ish. I would say wait one more week or so. if you really want to know, then you can go call the financial aid office
Old 07-08-2008 at 12:01 PM   #64
Eva C
Elite Member
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Les Prince Hall 613 (06/07), Mary. E. Keyes 410(07/08), Brandon Hall (08/09), Les Prince (09/10)

Liked: 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrahsmall View Post
uh oh!
i read on another post that i can pay AFTER july 8th *which is my deadline* ive already chosen my courses.but i havent paid!!
i went on solar and now its CLOSED
wat do i do?!
hey. here is the dates and deadlines for things: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /getre...deadlines.html

you can still access your payment agreement even after your 7 days. don't worry. Your first payment MUST be received by August 15. Payments may be sent in advance and post-dated to September 1.
Old 07-08-2008 at 09:58 PM   #65
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Hi guys, this thread is for SOLAR problems. To cut down on the thread getting filled with questions about the Payment Agreement, please post all questions to do with the Payment Agreement in THIS THREAD. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2008 at 10:04 PM   #66
j***l
Program: Science

I'm a little confused about the payment agreement. Where can I find out when I need to pay parts of my tuition and when the deadlines are? I am so confused. Any help will be appreciated thanks
Old 07-27-2008 at 06:21 PM   #67
**jewel 03**
Program: Health Studies
Year: Fourth

Liked: Liked 2 Times
ok I just have a question about our timetables..we get our timetables via MUGSI on August 7th correct? when then can we go and switch it around to the times/days we prefer..and how do you do that and how likely is it that I will get the class times I prefer?
Old 07-27-2008 at 08:32 PM   #68
kenneth526
Elite Member
Year: Third

Liked: 41 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j***l View Post
I'm a little confused about the payment agreement. Where can I find out when I need to pay parts of my tuition and when the deadlines are? I am so confused. Any help will be appreciated thanks
If you scroll down the Payment Agreement, theres a yellow header called "5. Payment Schedule and Messages" with a list of items, due dates and amounts. There's also a list of dates and deadlines here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa
ok I just have a question about our timetables..we get our timetables via MUGSI on August 7th correct? when then can we go and switch it around to the times/days we prefer..and how do you do that and how likely is it that I will get the class times I prefer?
You're able to switch courses, cores, tutorials and whatnot starting August 10th (since SOLAR will be closed for undergraduates from July 30th to August 10th).

Old 07-27-2008 at 08:43 PM   #69
**jewel 03**
Program: Health Studies

Liked: Liked 2 Times
ok so after you get your timetables on August 7th we have a couple days to look over it..we do not have to change it right away? and so on aug.10. what do you do, like how do you change your courses etc.?
Old 07-27-2008 at 09:03 PM   #70
kenneth526
Elite Member
Year: Third

Liked: 41 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa View Post
ok so after you get your timetables on August 7th we have a couple days to look over it..we do not have to change it right away? and so on aug.10. what do you do, like how do you change your courses etc.?
It's still on SOLAR, just like when you registered for classes in July: this time however, you'll be able to choose core/tutorial/lab times.

Old 07-27-2008
j***l
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-27-2008 at 10:06 PM   #71
j***l
Program: Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
If you scroll down the Payment Agreement, theres a yellow header called "5. Payment Schedule and Messages" with a list of items, due dates and amounts. There's also a list of dates and deadlines here
thats weird bcuz when i scroll downt the payment agreement the yellow headers only go up to "3." maybe it only shows up after I submit my payment agreement first then?
Old 06-22-2009 at 11:35 PM   #72
Monaco
Program: Honours English and History

Liked: 1 Time
how long does it usually take for spots to open up in courses? im going into second year english and i wanted to take the fairytale 3FF3 but the courses are full...dont more spots become available when the second years pick?
Old 06-22-2009 at 11:37 PM   #73
PTGregD
Elite Member
Program: Commerce
Year: Alumni

Liked: 349 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
how long does it usually take for spots to open up in courses? im going into second year english and i wanted to take the fairytale 3FF3 but the courses are full...dont more spots become available when the second years pick?
They very well potentially could be more seats made available when second years pick. You could also wait until August 11 (when timetables are created), as people often jump in and out of courses then. Your final course of action would be to contact the faculty and ask for them to open up a seat for you.

Article Tools