MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Mcmaster residences have private and common bathrooms? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-16-2012 03:38 PM
Bathrooms jenpower McKay Hall Forum 20 09-13-2011 04:24 PM
Communal Bathrooms cyboug Residence & Housing 11 08-25-2011 01:47 PM

communal bathrooms

Members have rated post #375445 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 07-07-2013 at 01:59 PM   #1
Haris

Liked: 0 Times

communal bathrooms
How are the communal bathrooms in residence? Not sure what to expect.
Old 07-07-2013 at 02:49 PM   #2
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Depends on the residence and the people in your year. Some residences had unisex single washrooms in which you could lock the door. Others had one central, communal washroom that everyone shared. How clean they are depends on how the other people in your res treat it, though all residences do have the washrooms cleaned (daily, I think?)
Old 07-07-2013 at 03:37 PM   #3
ofomkcidtae
Account Locked

Liked: 47 Times

The washroom in the residence are strange. The toilets are setup 90 degree on the wall, so you have to stand and poop. Also there appears to be no door, so try not looking at others people, it makes them uncomfortable.

The showers are on the floor, and are usually set to shoot a jet stream of water. it would be wise if you didn't stand directly underneath them as they can cause damage to the circular regions of the external male anatomy.

Also, from time to time, female members of the community will pop into the male washroom and laugh at you in a despicable fashion as they are making fun of the size of the men's "foot". Please don't be disheartened, as female's sense of size is totally diminished when they are under the influence of powerful drugs like medical grade morphine.

Finally the washroom are out of order from time to time, but the university does provide bags for deification and urination. Please use them properly and store them next to your food items until the washroom are open again, then promptly dispose of them.

I hope this helps.

Haris, RiskBreaker all say thanks to ofomkcidtae for this post.

Allana:), RiskBreaker like this.
Old 07-07-2013 at 03:52 PM   #4
Alert Moderator & Admin
Add negative rating-6Add positive rank
The MI community has ranked down this post by naval23.
Click here to view it anyways.
Old 07-07-2013 at 10:11 PM   #5
RiskBreaker

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofomkcidtae View Post
The washroom in the residence are strange. The toilets are setup 90 degree on the wall, so you have to stand and poop. Also there appears to be no door, so try not looking at others people, it makes them uncomfortable.

The showers are on the floor, and are usually set to shoot a jet stream of water. it would be wise if you didn't stand directly underneath them as they can cause damage to the circular regions of the external male anatomy.

Also, from time to time, female members of the community will pop into the male washroom and laugh at you in a despicable fashion as they are making fun of the size of the men's "foot". Please don't be disheartened, as female's sense of size is totally diminished when they are under the influence of powerful drugs like medical grade morphine.

Finally the washroom are out of order from time to time, but the university does provide bags for deification and urination. Please use them properly and store them next to your food items until the washroom are open again, then promptly dispose of them.

I hope this helps.
I died reading through every sentence. You sir are a master of sarcasm. Or was that suppose to be a satirical piece?
Old 07-07-2013 at 11:23 PM   #6
redstarr37

Liked: 9 Times

Washrooms are usually cleaned every morning other than weekends.
Old 07-08-2013 at 12:09 AM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

My version of communal bathroom at mckay was just a single bathroom (with shower sink toilet). There were 2 stationed every few feet. It was ok since the one closest to your door was kinda yours but you can go into any one of them. I would bring your stuff back to your room if I was done.
Old 07-08-2013 at 08:34 AM   #8
Chewie

Liked: 2 Times

It really depends on which residence you live in.

I lived in Whidden and there were 3 communal washrooms for each floor (2 for females, 1 for males). It REALLY depends on the people on your floor. I was lucky to be in the wing where people kept the washrooms in good condition...compared to the other female washroom in the other wing, which was pretty gross all the time. I hardly ran into a problem where the washroom was too congested and I couldn't get a stall for a toliet, shower, sink, etc. The washrooms are only cleaned during the weekdays and some reasons, occasionally in the weekends (especially during the days where res tours are happening, the washrooms are VERY cleaned...probably gets checked up on about every couple of hours).
Old 07-08-2013 at 11:02 AM   #9
BusterCherry
Account Locked

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by naval23 View Post
Was this suppose to be funny? If you were trying to make it funny, awks, I didn't laugh, you could have done a better job.
You sir do not see the humour in answering a stupid question with an equally ridiculous answer!
Well done on that post! Absolutely hilarious to read through
Old 07-08-2013 at 12:03 PM   #10
RiskBreaker

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterCherry View Post
You sir do not see the humour in answering a stupid question with an equally ridiculous answer!
Well done on that post! Absolutely hilarious to read through
"You sir,"?