Combined Honours Help!!! AztekEscobar Academics 1 03-23-2011 08:02 AM
Combined Honours with OSAP kc540 Financial Aid 24 06-08-2010 10:41 PM

Communicatons/Multimedia Combined Honours help

Old 05-25-2012 at 05:04 PM   #1
happycamper

Liked: 0 Times

Communicatons/Multimedia Combined Honours help
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out this whole combined honours thing. I have my 30 units from 1st year, and I've picked out my 15 electives, 39 units from multimedia (27 + [12 from course list]), and the 36 communication unit courses. All totalling up to the 120 units I need to graduate by the end of my 4th year...

30 units a year, 5 courses a term. Everything looks okay, but then why does the department, specifically Communications, make us take 1000 extra second year courses. Now my whole schedule is off and it looks like I'll be forced to take the rest of my second year courses in third. Eventually doing third year courses, electives, and my program theses ALL in 4th year!? Please help!

ps. I was planning on take most of my electives during 4th year seeing as I only really need 3 mandatory 4th year courses. But 3rd year courses too? Has anyone experienced this... Thanks.
Old 05-25-2012 at 08:53 PM   #2
SilverHawley

Liked: 8 Times

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1420.html

I don't exactly see how the department is making you take 1000 extra second year courses xD

It tells you how many units you need and then you get to choose which ones on the list can fill out that requirement.

Example:

3 units from CMST 2BB3, 2G03, 2H03, 2I03, 2R03, 2RR3, 2S03, 2TT3, 3JJ3, 3N03You choose one of those courses and that fills out that requirement. You don't HAVE to take the other ones there.

I don't know if that clarifies your question. Maybe explain a bit more on how you think they're trying to make you take more second year courses?