MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Community Advisor Application JumbotronDave General Discussion 3 01-21-2015 10:55 PM
Community Food Advisor Application ezlx310 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-12-2013 02:01 PM
Community Advisor Assessment Centres Afsha-noon General Discussion 5 02-07-2013 08:58 PM
Become a Community Advisor SSCLeadership MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-13-2012 12:09 PM
Woodstock '08 Chad Woodstock Hall Forum 37 08-29-2008 06:42 PM

Community Advisor in Woodstock

Old 02-11-2015 at 11:42 AM   #1
JumbotronDave

Liked: 0 Times

Community Advisor in Woodstock
Hello everyone!

I've been offered a CA position in Woodstock for the coming school year (2015-16) and I have a few quick questions that I was hoping to get answers for..I'm in a bit of a sticky situation so I am hoping someone has been through something similar and can help me out!
  1. Can someone explain the bathroom situation to me in Woodstock? I keep hearing/reading different things but more or less along the lines of communal bathrooms with the exception of the first floor which has more secluded bathrooms and also that CA's get their own bathrooms..can anybody confirm or deny any of the above? Would it be possible/a good idea to request that I get reassigned to a res with private bathrooms such as Hedden?
  2. Would it be possible to do a portion of my training during the summer and/or a few days later than the rest of the CA's? I am going to be out of the country for about a week at the end of August and I am still not sure when training will commence (they haven't announced it yet) but I am fairly certain it will overlap for a few days with my trip..I am really excited for this opportunity and I really want to keep the position so I want to speak with the hiring staff about it to see what I can do but I am not sure how to go about it..does anyone have any advice?

Thank you in advance for all your help
Old 02-11-2015 at 06:48 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

I wasn't a CA, so I can't offer you advice there. But wanted to say.. congrats!!
Old 02-12-2015 at 01:37 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Congrats! It's a great experience! As far as I know, Woodstock has communal bathrooms and re-assignments aren't allowed unfortunately. However, CAs can be moved to different buildings depending on the teams and who accepts their offers, and that can happen anytime between now and August. I'm not sure about Woodstock but as far as I know, only the senior CAs get their own bathroom in some buildings. Also, no residence building has private bathrooms, except for LP, even Bates and Keyes, you're still sharing with at least 1 other person. Hedden and McKay have bathrooms outside every few rooms, so they're not private either. They're still accessed through the hallway and it's one bathroom for every ~2 rooms or 4 people. There's still some movement with the dates of the start of Welcome week and CA training. Your best bet would be to speak to your future residence manager (Dave) or someone from the Residence Life Office about your situation as it's taken on a case-by-case basis. Some people have missed some days of training in the past for various commitments, but it wasn't a significant portion. However, I definitely think it warrants a conversation with one of the staff just to see what your options are!
Congrats again!
Old 02-12-2015 at 05:11 PM   #4
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

they wont move you to another residence for washroom purposes unless its for some kind of health reason. and this would move you from woodstock to a res such as LP where you have your own washroom. going from woodstock to hedden is the same in their eyes in terms of washrooms so asking for that kind of move is waste. they get cheesed if you miss training. people have had their offers taken away because they had to miss most of training due to certain reasons. if you are missing just a few days, it should be fine, but if it is most of training then your offer may be taken away.
Old 02-14-2015 at 09:47 PM   #5
hellooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumbotronDave View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been offered a CA position in Woodstock for the coming school year (2015-16) and I have a few quick questions that I was hoping to get answers for..I'm in a bit of a sticky situation so I am hoping someone has been through something similar and can help me out!
  1. Can someone explain the bathroom situation to me in Woodstock? I keep hearing/reading different things but more or less along the lines of communal bathrooms with the exception of the first floor which has more secluded bathrooms and also that CA's get their own bathrooms..can anybody confirm or deny any of the above? Would it be possible/a good idea to request that I get reassigned to a res with private bathrooms such as Hedden?
  2. Would it be possible to do a portion of my training during the summer and/or a few days later than the rest of the CA's? I am going to be out of the country for about a week at the end of August and I am still not sure when training will commence (they haven't announced it yet) but I am fairly certain it will overlap for a few days with my trip..I am really excited for this opportunity and I really want to keep the position so I want to speak with the hiring staff about it to see what I can do but I am not sure how to go about it..does anyone have any advice?

Thank you in advance for all your help
I got offered a CA position in Woodstock for 2015-2016 too! Congratulations!
Old 02-25-2015 at 08:58 AM   #6
macskittles

I was waitlisted for CA so do you think there is still a good chance of getting CA in the next couple of weeks?
Old 02-26-2015 at 05:13 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

yes there is a good chance to still get a position. i would say after april or in the summer though is when chances are best. a lot of ppl decide not to take the position, some get into their postgrad programs, so yea their is still a chance for u