MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what course do I have to take for 3rd computer engineering? hellrise Academics 2 02-23-2010 08:13 PM
What is computer engineering & Management cut off mark?? hellrise Academics 4 03-13-2009 01:03 PM
Difference between Computer and Software Engineering? Ownaginatios Academics 34 12-16-2008 08:34 PM
Engineering and computer science WavesSea First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-01-2008 01:21 PM

Computer Engineering Timetable..

Old 08-16-2009 at 11:10 AM   #1
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Computer Engineering Timetable..
So, my term 1 is nice and compact. Back to back classes so no wasting time in between

But 2nd term is a complete mess. Am I missing something or did they just screw us over for 2nd term?

Here is my 2nd term: http://bayimg.com/CADfiAACE

Last edited by blackdragon : 08-16-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: link
Old 08-16-2009 at 11:15 AM   #2
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Yes, they did.

Good idea, I've gotta switch my Thursday lab to Tuesday so I can get off 1 hour early.

Old 08-16-2009 at 11:18 AM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby66 View Post
Yes, they did.

Good idea, I've gotta switch my Thursday lab to Tuesday so I can get off 1 hour early.
Yeah, only suck part is I have a lab monday. I put the EOW one on tuesday cause then I dont have to wait that hour in between every week

I wonder when they will fix the conflict, and if they do, i hope they move some other classes around too
Old 08-16-2009 at 03:05 PM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

You're not the only one taking 2FH3 and 2DP4 so the conflict will be resolved, one way or another. dum dum dum....

Other than that the time table looks reasonable for someone in ECE.
Old 08-16-2009 at 03:17 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
You're not the only one taking 2FH3 and 2DP4 so the conflict will be resolved, one way or another. dum dum dum....

Other than that the time table looks reasonable for someone in ECE.
Actually, when I talked to Alexa, she said it probably wont be resolved.
Old 08-16-2009 at 03:31 PM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Actually, when I talked to Alexa, she said it probably wont be resolved.
Aren't they required courses for you guys? How the hell can they not resolve the conflicts?
Old 08-16-2009 at 04:01 PM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Aren't they required courses for you guys? How the hell can they not resolve the conflicts?
Yup, they are required. Exactly what I thought.

Her suggestion was "get a friend to take notes for you"
Old 08-16-2009 at 04:22 PM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Yup, they are required. Exactly what I thought.

Her suggestion was "get a friend to take notes for you"
No offense to whoever this lady is, but she should be fired for being such a moron; what happens if exams start conflicting too?. Why would McMaster force you to pay for a class they won't even let you go to? I would give them hell until they fix it. That in my mind is completely unacceptable by any university standards...
Old 08-16-2009 at 04:24 PM   #9
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
No offense to whoever this lady is, but she should be fired for being such a moron. Why would McMaster force you to pay for a class they won't even let you go to? I would give them hell until they fix it. That in my mind is completely unacceptable by any university standards...
Yeah, and the thing is, im pretty sure all electrical engineers will have this conflict aswell
Old 08-16-2009 at 04:31 PM   #10
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Awesome!! I'm paying $8,600 for conflicting courses.

Old 08-16-2009 at 05:09 PM   #11
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
No offense to whoever this lady is, but she should be fired for being such a moron; what happens if exams start conflicting too?. Why would McMaster force you to pay for a class they won't even let you go to? I would give them hell until they fix it. That in my mind is completely unacceptable by any university standards...
It's the tutorial of one class that is in conflict with the core section of another. Pretty easy to choose which one to go to.

Also, the ECE department doesn't have a hand in when the tutorials and courses are scheduled. They don't make the schedules, somebody else does. Conflicts like this will be mitigated by the professor since it is highly likely at least half his class will be in the same boat, if not his whole class.

You can give the department hell and call them all the names you'd like; it won't solve anything.
Old 08-21-2009 at 04:36 PM   #12
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:

im suprised a person who actually works there even said that..

my guess is that the problem will be resolved in time for term2..as I recall I had some problems in 1D03 with lab times, then they just added a load of new sections loll..

The main problem is that theres only one section in most (if not all) of elec/comp eng classes..we basically cant do anything, which is stupid..term 2 will suck for most (if not all) computer engineers