Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building a new computer reeves Computers & Tech 34 07-19-2010 02:10 AM
Computer HELP? blackdragon Computers & Tech 20 07-10-2010 09:36 PM
need computer help Strongwiller General Discussion 4 12-03-2009 03:59 PM
Need computer help! kokosas General Discussion 16 08-01-2008 08:14 AM

Computer problem need help!

Old 03-16-2010 at 11:53 AM   #16

Liked: 31 Times

I would think its more than your screen which is dead. Your webcam connection was failing and only working at certain angles, now your screen portion has failed. I would think either the entire upper assembly of the laptop (screen portion/ lid) or the trunk of connections between that section and the motherboard contained within the lower portion (body of the laptop) have failed. To the Mac owner, I know you were just joking but yes if your mac was less than a year old (or whatever your elected warranty period may be) they would replace/fix it. If the HP is under warranty, chances are they will replace/fix it unless you have been throwing it around, hyperextending the lid, etc. So there's no difference there its called a warranty.
Anyway to make a long story short, take it in for service if its under warranty, otherwise don't bother trying to replace parts on a laptop unless they are very simple parts, get a new laptop it will be more cost effective as they're not cheap to fix.
The good news is your hd is probably just fine and you can transfer the files to a new computer and not really lose anything major.

Sorry about your luck :(
Old 03-16-2010 at 12:53 PM   #17
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

i have an hp too and the same thing happened to me. windows 7 is not compatable with a lot of things, unfortunately especially skype.
Old 03-16-2010 at 01:14 PM   #18
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
i have an hp too and the same thing happened to me. windows 7 is not compatable with a lot of things, unfortunately especially skype.
Using Windows 7 since September and using Skype since install, never got a problem

and that is the reason I didn't buy HP because I read a lot of bad stuff about their boards getting faulty and they blaming the customer while it's been going on for some years now

@kldv: LOL that's because you already paid the price of an extra when you bought it OLOLOLOL

btw: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...77&lc=en&cc=us.

Last edited by Afzal : 03-16-2010 at 01:16 PM.