MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
191 Main St. West Apartments Greco General Discussion 4 08-01-2009 10:04 PM
anyone live at 191 Main St W????? macculkin General Discussion 5 07-04-2009 02:50 AM
MSU Main Office (Room 201) myoozik General Discussion 2 11-28-2008 06:23 PM

Condo/Appartment on main st?

Old 01-31-2011 at 07:57 PM   #1
patela77

Liked: 0 Times

Condo/Appartment on main st?
What are those 'mcmaster' apartments called? they're on the west side of mcmaster campus, towards the main st curve... also, does anyone know if they are any good for the price?
Old 01-31-2011 at 08:16 PM   #2
SilverHawley

Liked: 8 Times

West Village Suites?

As far as I've heard, people have been satisfied with them
Old 01-31-2011 at 08:28 PM   #3
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

oops wrong thread
Old 01-31-2011 at 09:28 PM   #4
katrina'13

it is west village suites, the lowest possible rate for a room is $495 a month with utilities included right now
Old 01-31-2011 at 10:04 PM   #5
slx4

Liked: 4 Times

seems like the free utilities is only for the first 4 months if you sign before feb 15
Old 01-31-2011 at 11:25 PM   #6
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

$495min + $80 utilities pack w/ television and internet (you have no choice, you need to pick this).
Laundry is extra.

12 month leases only.

I went to take a look, it's really really nice. Just a little expensive.
Old 02-03-2011 at 12:16 PM   #7
msms

Liked: 6 Times

it's pretty good there are gym and study room facilities on every floor, some kind of small little common room with a tv and there are cleaners that come every week to clean your place. there's good security too!
if you can afford it, i think its worth it for the price!
Old 02-03-2011 at 03:56 PM   #8
patela77

thanks, yeah just a little pricy. the 495 is okay. but once the extra 80 a month adds up, it's too much.
Old 02-03-2011 at 05:23 PM   #9
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

a couple of my friends had a lot of problems with this place
1. their internet was crap for the longest time ... they had to keep resetting the router to work and sometimes the connection would just keep going away
2. if you have one other friend and maybe 2 randoms (for example) you might get into a lot of problems with them .... one of my friend's rando roomates constantly made up stuff that my friend was doing to get her in trouble
3. my friends ended up having to remove their stuff and move into a different apartment room because the building didn't want them to live in the one they were currently living

sooo
YEAH.
have fun with their problems and paying an expensive bill
Old 02-03-2011 at 06:21 PM   #10
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

I've been planning on signing a lease before Feb 15th for West Village Suites and I've been trying to gather as much information on them as possible prior. I've read all the old threads on it and its generally the same generic complaints every time. Nothing even remotely major really..

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
a couple of my friends had a lot of problems with this place
1. their internet was crap for the longest time ... they had to keep resetting the router to work and sometimes the connection would just keep going away
2. if you have one other friend and maybe 2 randoms (for example) you might get into a lot of problems with them .... one of my friend's rando roomates constantly made up stuff that my friend was doing to get her in trouble
3. my friends ended up having to remove their stuff and move into a different apartment room because the building didn't want them to live in the one they were currently living

sooo
YEAH.
have fun with their problems and paying an expensive bill
1. This is my only real concern. I read something about the internet in an old thread as well. Do you know if they fixed this issue recently? Either way, if resetting the router fixed the internet issue wouldn't it just simply be a router issue and easily fixable?

2. This is a roommate issue. Probably a lot more to the story or something. Not a big deal.

3. This seems like its a very rare occurrence and even so not a big deal at all either.

I'm pretty set on living here I'm just concerned about the internet for the most part as I'm a very avid gamer.