MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmation of enrollment? Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-15-2010 06:49 PM
Confirmation Of Enrollment Question Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 11:46 AM
Confirmation Packages sango Academics 76 08-21-2008 11:41 PM

Confirmation package

Old 08-17-2009 at 10:43 AM   #1
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Confirmation package
Quote:
Please note that your confirmation package with your confirmation
letter, validation sticker and student identification card for new
students is ready. However, it cannot be mailed to you as your mailing
address is either out of province, outside the country or incomplete.

Your confirmation package is available for pickup in the Office of the
Registrar, Gilmour Hall 108, during business hours. Please ensure that
you bring photo identification with you.
Hi, I just received this email right now. And I just checked, my confirmation letter was printed on August 10th.

Does this mean that they won't send the package to International Students? So if I want to avoid the epic line, can I ask them to send to my cousin in Mississauga?

Secondly, does this mean my conditional offer is complete? I did fulfill the conditions but they were asking for another result document that will not be available to me until 25th, I told them so, and sent them the results that I had currently (ofcourse, they are also valid and correct)

Thank you
Old 08-17-2009 at 12:28 PM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

No they don't mail things out to international students. You have to come to McMaster and pick it up yourself when you get here. On the first day of classes should be fine.

I doubt there will be an epic line, there probably won't be any line to pick up confirmation packages. Most Mac students live in Ontario so they had their package mailed to them. It should just be a matter of going to the office, maybe showing an ID to prove who you are and getting your letter, ID card, sticker and going.

They likely will not mail it to your relative in Mississauga.

Afzal says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 08-17-2009 at 12:31 PM   #3
Afzal
Android Dev

thank you stefanie, what about the second question? I take it that "Confirmation package" would mean admission is confirmed...but i just want to confirm

(lol...3 confirms in 1 sentence was not intentional)
Old 08-17-2009 at 12:39 PM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

I'm not 100% sure but my guess would be that if they're mailing you a confirmation package than your admission is 100% confirmed. In the confirmation package you get a letter telling you about important dates as well as a print out of the courses you are registered for. Plus you get your ID card in the package and your sticker. This would lead me to believe they are expecting you to attend McMaster in the fall and all the appropriate paper work etc has already been cleared. If you really want to know 100% I suppose you could contact the Office of the Registrar.

Afzal says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 08-17-2009 at 02:50 PM   #5
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
thank you stefanie, what about the second question? I take it that "Confirmation package" would mean admission is confirmed...but i just want to confirm

(lol...3 confirms in 1 sentence was not intentional)
If you recieve the confirmation package then yes, that meanns your admission is confirmed.

Call the Registrar's Office about sending it to your cousin, but for security/privacy reasons I suspect they won't be doing that. That's really why they ask you to bring photo ID when you pick up your package in Gilmour Hall.

Last edited by mcinside : 08-17-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Afzal says thanks to mcinside for this post.
Old 08-18-2009 at 05:51 PM   #6
Afzal
Android Dev

wow, I didn't receive any mail about this topic! (I subscribed to it)
thank you, it's clear to me now I think I'll be joining the line
Old 08-18-2009 at 09:04 PM   #7
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

I'm in the same boat... would it be difficult to not have my student ID until Thursday? Would that just mean I'd not be able to use my meal plan? or will I not be able to access certain things..
Old 08-18-2009 at 09:21 PM   #8
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Yeah, I don't think you can access your meal plan without your ID card.

Also you can't access the gym, that is if you want to go there during welcome week.

Besides that there's the library (which I really doubt anyone would be using during WW) and using the bus for free

I'm not sure if you needed it to get your rez keys or not (if your in rez)... I'm leaning towards "no"... but it's been a year so *shrugs*

Afzal, etoilex3 all say thanks to JEFF_CHAN for this post.
Old 08-18-2009 at 09:23 PM   #9
sew12
Elite Member

Your student card is used for basically everything on campus. As long as you have it by the first day of classes though you should be fine. If you're living on residence you need it to access your meal plan though so if you plan to eat you might want to get it asap.

Afzal, etoilex3 all say thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 08-18-2009 at 09:28 PM   #10
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

ahaha thanks!! =) too bad they aren't open on sat,sun,mon. i guess i'll head down early.
Old 08-18-2009 at 11:01 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

There's also a temporary card or something like that. Not sure where you get it, but basically it will allow you to buy food at the cafeteria. They manually input your student number to take money from your meal plan.

Not sure where you get it though, probably in that long line anyways.

I'm not sure if you can just tell them your student number when buying from the cafeteria... maybe you should inquire about that. Probably call hospitality.

Afzal says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-29-2009 at 04:58 PM   #12
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post

I'm not sure if you needed it to get your rez keys or not (if your in rez)... I'm leaning towards "no"... but it's been a year so *shrugs*
You don't really need your student card for rez but it acts as a substitute for the "governement- issued phot ID" part. The same goes for your keys I believe...but I'm not too sure about that.