MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmation of enrollment? Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-15-2010 06:49 PM
Confirmation of enrollment without validation sticker? Harlequin Academics 15 08-31-2010 07:07 AM
Proof of Enrollment steph.elle First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 07-22-2010 02:22 AM
Acceptance to limited enrollment programs? campbekn Academics 2 05-30-2010 02:14 PM
Proof of Enrollment Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 18 03-31-2010 06:19 PM

Confirmation Of Enrollment Question

Old 08-09-2010 at 09:20 AM   #1
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Confirmation Of Enrollment Question
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong thread ]:

So for my OSAP status for "things to do" it says "student must complete confirmation of enrollment form" and for "things to review" it says "income verification."

So for the first thing, are there two parts to it? One part that the school does and one part I fill out? When do I go fill it out then? Don't we pick up OSAP during the last week of Aug? But this won't be filled out in time? o_O;

And what does it mean to "indicate the amount of gross income you actually received during your pre-study period?"

Now for the second thing, how do I "review" the income stuff? o_O;

And when you pick up your "OSAP" (do they give you a check or something? o_O) do I give them MY bank info?

Annnnnnd is there a reason why I'm getting more $ for Sept 9/10 than Jan 1/11? o_O; Is it because term 2 is shorter or just the way it is for my particular situation?

Wow, I'm so confused DX Thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010 at 09:43 AM   #2
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post

So for my OSAP status for "things to do" it says "student must complete confirmation of enrollment form" and for "things to review" it says "income verification."

So for the first thing, are there two parts to it? One part that the school does and one part I fill out? When do I go fill it out then? Don't we pick up OSAP during the last week of Aug? But this won't be filled out in time? o_O;
Based on the description on the OSAP website, it seems to be two parts, but I don't think it matters. From what I understand, you're supposed to go to your financial aid office and fill it out. It's not supposed to be "filled out in time" as you say. The deadline to complete the form is 30 days before the end of your study period. If they find out you aren't actually enrolled, they can just take the money back.

Quote:

And what does it mean to "indicate the amount of gross income you actually received during your pre-study period?"
From the OSAP glossary: "Pre-study period is the 16 weeks before the start of your study period."

They basically want to see if you made any money over the summer, because that will affect the amount of money they will lend to you. If you did, just bring the tax form so you can write down how much you made on the Confirmation of Enrollment form.

Quote:

Now for the second thing, how do I "review" the income stuff? o_O;
I don't think you do that...the OSAP people will check with the Canada Revenue Agency to ensure you're not lying about your income, essentially.

So many questions.....but I'll keep answering......-_-

Quote:

And when you pick up your "OSAP" (do they give you a check or something? o_O) do I give them MY bank info?
You can get them to send you a cheque or if you bring your bank info (they suggest a void cheque) you can get it directly deposited into your bank account.

Quote:

Annnnnnd is there a reason why I'm getting more $ for Sept 9/10 than Jan 1/11? o_O; Is it because term 2 is shorter or just the way it is for my particular situation?
No, I'm pretty sure it's always like that. I'm too lazy to find the reference right now, but OSAP usually gives you something like 60% first term and 40% second term. I don't know why, but it might have something to do with the way other schools deal with tuition payments.

Wow. That was really long. I think I'm done for the day.

Desda says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 08-09-2010 at 11:46 AM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Actually, if you are receiving OSAP, the confirmation of enrollment is completed when you pick up your first installment in September.

Income verification is done automatically by OSAP.

I think 60% and 40% is the percentage OSAP came up with that best suits them. If there are any changes to income or any other variable that affects your OSAP entitlement during the year, then they alter your second entitlement respectively.

Desda says thanks to jhan523 for this post.