MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmation of enrollment? Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-15-2010 06:49 PM
Confirmation of enrollment without validation sticker? Harlequin Academics 15 08-31-2010 07:07 AM
Confirmation Of Enrollment Question Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 11:46 AM
Acceptance to limited enrollment programs? campbekn Academics 2 05-30-2010 02:14 PM
Proof of Enrollment Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 18 03-31-2010 06:19 PM

Proof of Enrollment

Old 07-19-2010 at 01:29 PM   #1
steph.elle

Liked: 4 Times

Proof of Enrollment
I need a form stating that I am enrolled in school so I can get money for tuition from my education fund. I have no idea where to look for this, or who to ask. Help anyone?
Old 07-19-2010 at 01:32 PM   #2
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Well if you applied for OSAP you can use the declaration papers as proof like I have. If you havent than you can print the page where it says you've accepted the university offer on OUAC but i'm not sure if the OUAC method is sufficient evidence.
Old 07-19-2010 at 01:36 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Is this for RESP?
Old 07-19-2010 at 01:38 PM   #4
tbiris

Liked: 1 Time

I believe what you need to do it finish your payment agreement and if you visit the Registrar they take care of it.

I don't remember exactly, but I did go there in my first year to figure out what I needed as proof.
Old 07-19-2010 at 01:38 PM   #5
steph.elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Is this for RESP?
Yes it is. I just have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for.
Old 07-19-2010 at 01:41 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph.elle View Post
Didn't they send you mail? There should be a form that you have to fill out, then you give it to the Registrar and they fill out the rest.

If not, then go to MUGSI -> My Academics -> Program & Course Summary. I think that should be enough.
Old 07-19-2010 at 01:46 PM   #7
steph.elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Didn't they send you mail? There should be a form that you have to fill out, then you give it to the Registrar and they fill out the rest.

If not, then go to MUGSI -> My Academics -> Program & Course Summary. I think that should be enough.
I haven't gotten anything in the mail about it yet, but I did find the page you told me to go to so I will try that. Thanks
Old 07-19-2010 at 03:29 PM   #8
person33

Liked: 53 Times

for my resp all i use is the registration confirmation that you get in the mail with your sticker for your student card and in fist year i used my payment agreement
Old 07-19-2010 at 03:36 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
for my resp all i use is the registration confirmation that you get in the mail with your sticker for your student card and in fist year i used my payment agreement
Oh right, you can also use that. I would opt for the Program and Course Summary though, it contains the McMaster crest so it would be deemed "more official". The registration confirmation form is kind of plain...
Old 07-19-2010 at 03:45 PM   #10
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Most banks aren't looking anything in particular. They just want some kind of proof from your school.

Once you fill out your payment agreement, you'll get a letter in the mail form Mac that includes your student card sticker and a paper that lists the courses you're registered for. That should probably be enough proof for your bank
Old 07-19-2010 at 06:34 PM   #11
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph.elle View Post
I got my RESP money about a month ago, and all I sent was a copy of my acceptance letter from McMaster sayin that I was accepted to my program.
Old 07-20-2010 at 03:57 PM   #12
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

For RESP, I got the form, filled it out and dropped it off at McMaster - they even have a drop box for it. That's all you have to do really.
Old 07-20-2010 at 08:47 PM   #13
lolabb

Liked: 0 Times

hey, my parents have an education fund for me aswell. I needed proof of enrollment, all you do is complete the payment agreement, then print it out go to the office in gilmour hall and show them your payment agreement and ask for a letter from mac that states you are enrolled. (proof of enrollment)
it comes signed and everything
Old 07-20-2010 at 08:53 PM   #14
toosh

Liked: 15 Times

my bank accepted my timetable as proof of enrollment
Old 07-21-2010 at 05:14 PM   #15
SilverHawley

Liked: 8 Times

How quickly do they send out the verification of enrollment form? I gave Mac my form at the beginning of the month, but my mom checked and the agents don't have it yet, I believe.

Last edited by SilverHawley : 07-21-2010 at 05:20 PM.