MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmation of enrollment? Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-15-2010 06:49 PM
Confirmation of enrollment without validation sticker? Harlequin Academics 15 08-31-2010 07:07 AM
Confirmation Of Enrollment Question Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-09-2010 11:46 AM
Proof of Enrollment steph.elle First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 07-22-2010 02:22 AM
Acceptance to limited enrollment programs? campbekn Academics 2 05-30-2010 02:14 PM

Proof of Enrollment

Old 03-30-2010 at 05:12 PM   #1
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

Proof of Enrollment
Hi!

So I'm applying for a really high-end job (can't really talk about it)

They want proof that I am at Mac and that I will be here in September. They want a letter that's signed by someone... I'm not sure what letter it is, I don't know much about it...

Does anyone know where I can obtain one or who I go to?

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2010 at 05:40 PM   #2
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Usually, a transcript would be enough for proof of enrollment, wouldn't it? I mean, it shows that you were officially at mac, attained some grades and whatnot. As for signature, not sure, maybe hitting up your department head and asking them?
Old 03-30-2010 at 05:43 PM   #3
Cassanova

I prefer not to give them my grades.

They want some sort of letter indicating that I am enrolled for September.
Old 03-30-2010 at 05:45 PM   #4
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassanova View Post
I prefer not to give them my grades.

They want some sort of letter indicating that I am enrolled for September.
Hrm, well, short of going to your faculty heads, I'm not sure. It seems like they are keen on the signature, and there is nothing that I can think of electronically that holds this. Otherwise, the next piece I'd suggest (if it's currently available) is your course selection for next year if it has already opened for you on Solar?
Old 03-30-2010 at 06:42 PM   #5
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Until you've actually registered, the Registrar's office isn't likely to sign something saying you're coming back. People drop out all the time.
Old 03-30-2010 at 06:49 PM   #6
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

The registrar's office will sign a letter saying that you're eligible to return in September. You can always do what I did, which is get the letter, email the person you're in contact with at the job and tell them what the letter says, that it's signed, and ask if that's sufficient. If so, mail it to them, if not, ask exactly what the letter says, and if necessary, explain that the registrar's office won't sign a letter saying you're returning in September until course selections and payment is complete, and that won't be till June. For me, after I explained the situation, they said that the letter was fine, and I just have to give them a copy of my course selection when that's done.

Cassanova, Maegs like this.
Old 03-30-2010 at 06:59 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I'm kinda in the same boat... RBC has been harassing me for month's now accusing me of no longer being in school and wanting me to start payment on my line of credit immediately. >_<

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-30-2010 at 07:08 PM   #8
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Yeah I just got a call today too from my bank, Im assuming because im at the end of 4 years, despite being in a 5 year program, that they need my info to keep giving me the student account deal... less fees and such...

but it looks like i'll have to wait to register for next year before i have any proof i'm still enrolled next year, unless they see my uncompleted degree audit as proof!
Old 03-30-2010 at 07:31 PM   #9
Cassanova

I guess I'll go the registrar's office and see what I can do. I really want this job, they pay an amazing salary.
Old 03-30-2010 at 08:52 PM   #10
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Is this work with the CSIS?
Old 03-30-2010 at 09:15 PM   #11
ThatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassanova View Post
So I'm applying for a really high-end job (can't really talk about it)
Hmmm you obviously want us guessing what job it is.. but what do you consider high end? a job with the government is good but i wouldn't say high end..
Give us some clues!

O and btw i applied for a good job (but i too cannot talk about it). You just need to ask the registrar to write you a letter saying that you'll be eligible to return next year and that should be enough. Good luck getting the job
Old 03-30-2010 at 11:00 PM   #12
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

lol. Even people who work at CSIS are allowed to say they work at CSIS. I think the OP just wants to create an aura of mystique for lack of anything better to do.
Old 03-30-2010 at 11:46 PM   #13
ThatGuy

or he just wants to eliminate any competition

sniderj likes this.
Old 03-31-2010 at 09:55 AM   #14
Cassanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Hmmm you obviously want us guessing what job it is.. but what do you consider high end? a job with the government is good but i wouldn't say high end..
Give us some clues!

O and btw i applied for a good job (but i too cannot talk about it). You just need to ask the registrar to write you a letter saying that you'll be eligible to return next year and that should be enough. Good luck getting the job

I actually can't talk about it... I had to sign a confidentiality waiver.
Old 03-31-2010 at 10:08 AM   #15
b_sunshine55

Liked: 1 Time

you can go to the registrar and ask them for proof of enrollment - the will give you official documentation ont he spot that says you are currently registered. I did this, and took it to my bank, and they changed my account back to the student one and reimbursed me for account fees.