MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coop Level II Science naval23 Academics 2 04-29-2013 12:20 PM
Help in choosing Elec level 4 courses SmSm Academics 2 06-21-2012 04:29 AM
Can one NOT ge into any level II in science? lifesciman1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 02-25-2012 12:20 PM
Level 2 science programs Chevalier First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 03-25-2011 07:02 PM
Social Science Level II ageless_12 General Discussion 2 03-05-2009 03:08 PM

Confuse for choosing Science Level 2

Old 04-21-2014 at 12:40 AM   #1
muhamu

Liked: 0 Times

Confuse for choosing Science Level 2
Hi every one,
I am kind worry about my average grade will end up like 5 for my first year, because most science level 2 program req 6.0(except none honor B.sc). What happen if i didn't get in honor program? I know I can "shadow" in one of these honor program. Does that mean I can choose same course I want like honor program student and apply for the program I want in 3rd year?
Anyone in this situation before?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2014 at 10:01 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

You'd go into the non-honours program, and get your grades up if you want to switch to the honours program. Some courses are only for people in honours programs so you may not be able to take all the courses you want in second year, but you wouldn't really have to go out of your way to "shadow" since the courses are pretty similar anyways. You can compare the course requirements for honours vs non-honours in the course calendar.
Old 04-28-2014 at 04:38 PM   #3
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

Also, if you have a 5.5-5.9 average you can STILL GET INTO HONOURS LIFE SCIENCES and take all the same courses but you will be on probation and MUST have a 6+ average in the next year.
Old 04-28-2014 at 10:45 PM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

In addition to what's been mentioned so far, the 6.0 average is only the minimum requirement for many programs. Except for life science, most science programs are limited enrolment, so it's competitive to get in. therefore the actual cut off ends up being higher than 6.0. honours life science is non-limited enrolment so anyone with above 6 can get in.