MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So confused about osap/paying clouds Financial Aid 5 08-29-2010 02:09 PM
Im so confused about what to do with OSAP MariaQ Financial Aid 1 07-28-2010 09:28 PM
So confused manu Academics 1 12-23-2009 02:09 PM
Confused =S ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-07-2008 04:20 PM

Confused with OSAP... need help

Old 12-18-2009 at 06:06 PM   #1
kashmons

Liked: 0 Times

Confused with OSAP... need help
ok so im sooo confused about my osap..
i applied in august, and i was originally supposed to receive 3501.
so with the released osap i got in september, plus a scholarship and some of my own money i fully paid off my tuition costs.
but now, the money i have been entitled to increased to 6000, and apparently already 5200 has been released.
i went to make an appointment with the financial aid office, they werent much help and said i had to go back in january.
soooo my whole question is, whats going to happen with the new money ive been granted? does anyone know?
im thinking i will get it transferred into bank account in january, but im not completely sure!
sorry, im just soooo confused :S
Old 12-18-2009 at 06:21 PM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

If you've already paid the school for everything, I believe OSAP will deposit the extra money into your bank account as long as you bring them a void cheque or your banking information.
Old 12-18-2009 at 06:24 PM   #3
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

PTGregD is right..that's what they do. Bring bank statement from your bank or a void cheque for the OSAP pickup. They will fund you the money into your bank accnt within 7 days of processing I guess. I had to go through similar procedure.

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-19-2009 at 12:56 AM   #4
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

hmmm are you able to "reject" your second term entitlement? As in, I don't need the OSAP money that's coming in January, and I don't want to have to pay it back if I'm not using it for school-related purposes.
Old 12-19-2009 at 01:00 AM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
hmmm are you able to "reject" your second term entitlement? As in, I don't need the OSAP money that's coming in January, and I don't want to have to pay it back if I'm not using it for school-related purposes.
I suppose you just don't pick it up... I think that's it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to let the office in Gilmour Hall know.
Old 12-19-2009 at 03:33 PM   #6
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Also note that if you dont pick up your winter osap installment, you wont be considered for the Mcmaster bursaries.
http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/