MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Favourite Profs lorend Academics 354 09-25-2016 10:15 AM
Profs cwong First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-07-2010 07:22 PM
contacting room mates Allana:) Residence & Housing 7 06-24-2010 02:58 PM
can anyone tell me about these profs? sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-29-2008 10:52 AM

Contacting Profs

Old 07-07-2010 at 12:23 PM   #1
hello395

Contacting Profs
I really need to contact a professor by the end of this week, and I've already emailed them twice. Their automated reponse said that they would be back in the office in the first week of July, and so I was considering visiting their office, but I don't know the office hours (or if there are any during the summer). Would it be okay if I give the prof a phone call and leave a message? Or is that not a good idea?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2010 at 12:25 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Maybe you can try calling the department they're in and asking what their office hours are first, and if that fails, try calling them directly.

says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 07-07-2010 at 12:32 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

It\s fine to call them, you can say you left many e-mails and they did not respond for whatever reason.

says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 07-07-2010 at 02:55 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Keep in mind though, if the automated response says they are out of their office, dropping by their office or leaving a message might not be the most reliable plan of action. I'd definitely call the department first to see:

a) If someone else can help you
b) How that prof can be reached

says thanks to Marlowe for this post.