MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keep Cool Tips from The Onion lorend Misc 11 07-09-2010 08:49 AM
Cool Pictures of Old Hamilton danallan General Discussion 4 06-08-2010 11:13 PM
Motorcycles are still cool right? PaulTersigni Clubs & Groups 0 01-06-2010 06:31 PM
Cool Shark Backpack! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 18 06-29-2009 10:52 PM
Cool holiday gift idea Chad General Discussion 0 12-19-2007 08:40 AM

Cool campus slang

Old 10-08-2006 at 01:24 AM   #1
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

Cool campus slang
Want to sound hip and cool? Here's a list of slang for you to use around campus lol. Funny!

all that
of a superior nature; wonderful or attractive. "Jaquin think he's all that." "That song is all that and a bag a chips!"

all up in my biznezz
when someone is meddling in your affairs or dealings. They are "in your business." "Quit asking about my girl . . . why you all up in my biznezz?"

aw yea
Oh, yes.

aw naw
An expression used to express disagreement or disbelief. As if to say, “Oh, it isn’t so!” "Your man was with Jen last night." "Aw naw!"

ax
ask. "Let me ax you somtin!"

baggin
v. To pick up on someone of the opposite sex. "Oh, Sherri baggin’ Mark." 2. v. To make fun of or to ridicule "Rasheed was baggin' on Dre' yesterday so hard that they almost got into a fight."

balla'
n. Someone who flaunts money. "Check out that baller over there . . . let's jack his car!"

ballin
v. To flaunt money. To be noticeably rich. "Yo . . .check out his Mercedes . . . he ballin!"

bang
n. Any party, but especially a party where promiscuous girls may be present. "Let's check out that bang at Jo's crib tonight." 2. v. to have sex. "Check out that squirrel. Ooooo . . . I'm gonna bang that tonight!" 3. v. to fight.

bank
money. Usually a lot of it. "He got bank!"

be easy
A plead for someone to calm down or relax. "Girl what you trippin for? Be easy!"

benjamins
money. Usually hundred dollar bills, hence the reference to Benjamin Franklin on the U.S. 100 dollar bill. "It's all about the benjamins."

bent
a skewed impression of reality. "You got me bent, I ain't like that." 2. to be high or drunk. "Jack got bent last night at that party."

biscuit
n. Another reference for a gun. (See also hammer and tool.)

bling-bling
(sometimes pronounced “Blang-Blang”) Used to be jewelry such as silver, platinum, or diamonds and sometimes gold. Now the word expands to describe extremely expensive style of clothes, cars and general life-style. "Did you see Donald Trump’s house in The Apprentice- I’ve never seen so much bling bling!" or "Jose’s blinging it!"

blow
n. refers to cocaine. 2. adj. very bad. Although used as a verb, it is an adjective. Similar to “it sucks.”

bootylicious
adj. sexually attractive. 2. adj. voluptuous. Not too skinny-- looking very attractive with plenty of "booty." "Beyonce looked bootylicious in that outfit!"

boo-yah!
An exclamation used in celebrating a victory. "Boo-Yah! I whooped you in dat basketball game!" 2. an expression added at the end of a short, insulting speech. Used like "So, there!"

bounce
see "Let's bounce."

breezy
n. A female. a girlfriend. "Check out that breezy over there."

bust a cap
v. To shoot someone. **See "I'll bust a cap . . ."

bust yo grill!
v. To bust someone's 'grill' means to hit them in the mouth or beat them up.

busta
someone considered a lowlife or weak. See scrub. "Get out of my grill. You a busta!"

bustin'
v. (derived from "busting") executing an action, usually flawlessly, that takes skill. "Check out Dominic. He's bustin' some phatty moves!" 2. v. to make fun of them or insult them. "Yo Tisha, why you always bustin on me?"

butta
adj. to be of good or smooth quality; like butter. "Now that's the butta!"

cake
Money. "If I can't bake cake, then I'll take cake."

Candy
a code word for sex. ""I went to Jaquilla's house last night and she gave me some of dat candi"" 2. a code word for the club drug known as ecstacy. "Where did you buy that candy that you had at the rave last night?" 3. the shiny, glossy coated paint job on a car ""All the ATL n#^&@$ wanna jack,
cuz i'm from texas, they never seen candy with a fifth on the back."

cap
v. To insult or make fun of.(-cappin', -capped) "Why you always cappin' on me? Don't make me open up a can on you!" 2. n. To shoot someone, To put a cap in ones posterior. "I'm going to cap your [email protected]#"

cashed or cashed out
When you are out of money. "I’m all cashed out brah." 2. When something is empty. "Hey, put some more weed in this bowl . . . this is cashed!" 3. when someone is high on drugs. "Yo Willy . . . I’m cashed out son."

Check up on it
to jirate or press up on a female usually while dancing. "Last night at the prom, Kiesha finally let me check up on it."

chillin
v. to simply "hang out" with no purpose or reason. "I'm just chillin wit my friends."

coo
cool.

cool
if you don't know what this means, please exit now.

cool wit dat
I'm o.k. with that.

crib
n. a house. "Let's go back to my crib, I got a lil' sum- summ'm for you."

da bomb
n. A mid nineties term for the best. A great thing or situation. "That CD is the bomb!" "His corvette is the bomb!" "This place is the bomb!"

da hood
The "neighboorbood" or refering to a certain side of town. "Meet me in da hood at 7."

dank
n. Good marijuana or weed. "Let's go smoke some dank." 2. adj. very good. "That's some dank weed."

dat
that.

dawg
n. a title for your friends, see "homie." 2. a guy who goes with all the girls, even if he has a girlfriend. A tramp. "Jimmy's such a dawg! Look at him over there with those hoochies."

dog
see "dawg"

doggin' on
being mean or cruel. See "baggin'" "Kion, why you doggin' on me?"

easy
good bye. See "late" or "peace." "I'll see you later. Easy!"

feel me
v. to understand or affirm. "I'm about to smack you up for tryin to front on me in front of my peeps, you feel me?"

fo sho
For sure "Hey Mike, you gonna be there?" "Fo sho!" 2. Yes. Absolutely.

fo' real
derived from "for real." Meaning yes, that is very true. "Mrs. B. give us so much #$%^ homework!" "Fo'real!"

fo' rizeal
See "for real."

fo' shizzle
(often used with “Fo’ shizzle my nizzle”) For sure. (see “nizzle” for it’s definition.)

foo
n. (derived from fool) a friend. "Whasup foo?" 2. an insulting name for someone. "What you lookin' at foo?"

G
n. (derived from "Gangster") A name for anyone you would associate with. A name when greeting a friend. "Whasup G?"

ghetto
adj./adv. 1. Something undesirable. "That place is ghetto." 2. Something excellent. **See “ghetto fabulous.” 3. Saying or doing something you don’t have to. Like hanging your clothes on the balcony when you have a dryer they can be put in.

hella
1. adv. used in conjunction with another word as an intensifier. As if to say “very.” Derived from “A hell of a lot of . . .” Examples include: hella-cool, hella-stupid, hella-crazy, or hella-funny. "I called your name hella times, but you didn't come." “That’s because I had hella fun last night." 2. adj. extremely large quantities "He had hella cash!"

hit it
To have sex. "When you gonna let me hit it?"

hook me up
A request for assistance, usually seeking some sort of material or financial gain. "Oh . . . Ding Dongs . . . come on man, hook me up . . . let me mack on one of them!"

hook up
v. see “hooking up.” Also used as noun as in “the hook up.” See “getting the hook up”

housed
To be very badly beaten at something, whether sports or a fight or a rhyme battle. "The Celtics got housed last night." 2. to get extremely drunk, high, or wasted. "We got housed last night at Tomeka's bang."

in the heazy
See "in the house."

koolaid
One's business. **See “all up in the kool-aid." "Why you always gotta be gettin up in my koolaid Boo!" 2. Someone’s stuff. "You better get up outta my koolaid, or I'm ganna bus a cap in yo a**!"

let's bounce
Something said when it is time to leave. Let us leave the premises now.

let's roll
a phrase used to express that it is time to leave. See "let's bounce."

my bad
a phrase said to admit guilt in a situation. "Oh, that's not your grandma, that's your mom? My bad!"

off the hook
Exceptionally good. "Did you see John’s new 22” spinners? They was “off the hook!"

oh snap!
A phrase uttered in disbelief or when something bad happens. "Oh snap! Look who just walked in here!” “Oh snap. I forgot my math again!"

old school
adj./adv. Anything that is old, but not necessarily bad. In reference to music, it may be referring to it as "the good ‘‘ol" music. "Hey Kelly, why you playing that old school song?" "Cause old school's tight!"

peeps
short for "peoples." Meaning friends and family.
"Props to my peeps."

pimp
adj. Very admirable or desirable. Extremely good. "Check out his pimp ride!" 2. n. a male who is extremely admirable, especially with the women. "Take notes fellas, I'm the pimp!"

pimp-daddy
Someone extremely “pimp.” See “pimp.” The pimp of all pimps. Someone who excels in all the qualities of pimpdom. "Look at Billy pimpin all dem ho’s. He’s the pimp-daddy braw!"

pimpin'
A guy trying to pick up on girls. "Look at him pimpin'." 2. Something very cool or ghetto fabulouse "Hey dawg, them new sneakers by Tha Game is pimpin' I'ma get some of those next week."

playa
(pronounced "playa") Someone, usually, but not always, a male, who "dates" a lot of the opposite sex at the same time. Or someone who has a different girlfriend or boyfriend every week or so. "Sheila, you ain't all that. John's a player, and you the flavor of the week!"

represent
Trying to do your best; to achieve some respect. "I'm just tryin' to represent."

riding dirty
Driving with drugs or drug paraphernalia. ""I know these fools wanna catch me riding dirty.""

rollin'
chillin', hangin' out, rollin' with the flow, takin' what life gives you. "I'm rollin' with the homies." 2. a term used when under the influence of Exstasy(x). "Hey, are you rollin?"

scrub
n. Someone undesirable. Someone who thinks he’s “fly” but really he’s a “busta.” "Man, I ain't hangin' out with them scrubs!"

tight
adj./adv. an older term that still maintains its presence that means good or very nice. "Man . . . did you see that lowered Cadillac? It was tight!" 2. mad, angry or upset. "Yo, your pops is tight." 3. to get really intoxicated and or messed up on drugs. "Yo dawg, we got tight as hell last night."

wack
adj. Weak, uncool, or poor quality. Something undesirable. "That girl is wack."

wacked
see "wack."

wanksta
a “wanna-be” gangsta

wassup
(derived from "what's up?") What is going on? How is it going? Good to see you.

you feel me?
A question asked to make sure someone understands you or where you’re coming from. See “feel me.”

young
adj. References something small or undersized, particularly an article of clothing. "Look at that young shirt he's wearing!"

youngin
Or “young.” A young boy on the street. "What's up young?"

see full list at: http://www.thesource4ym.com/teenlingo/

Last edited by sarahsweet : 10-08-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2006 at 05:02 PM   #2
jonphillip

Liked: 2 Times

I'm still trying to figure out why white kids think it's so damn cool to speak this ridiculous LAME slang... It's just pathetic.