Cool Shark Backpack! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 18 06-29-2009 10:52 PM
The Official Cool Video Thread Chad Computers & Tech 18 04-05-2007 11:45 PM
Cool campus slang sarahsweet General Discussion 1 10-28-2006 05:02 PM

Motorcycles are still cool right?

Old 01-06-2010 at 06:31 PM   #1
PaulTersigni

Liked: 0 Times

Motorcycles are still cool right?
So I'm just putting it out here to see if there is any interest or if it seems like an alright idea to people who are a little more experienced with the mac clubs scene. Obviously this is not a club at mcmaster (yet) But it could very well be by next year if there is sufficient interest.

Owning a motorcycle is a lot different in many ways than owning and operating a car, in addition to the obvious differences there is also a sense of camaraderie that all riders feel towards one another and its always nice to go for a ride with someone else. I was wondering just how many riders there are, here at mac, that would be interested in joining a riding club.

Aside from events for owners I'd also like to give some informal seminars to new riders or people who are interested in perhaps starting riding. Experienced members could then give advice on drive test and safety tips, how to care for and maintain the vehicle (much more intensive and slightly more complex that a car), where to get equipment for cheap and what to look for when buying equipment and the bike itself; how to deal with insurance companies, and loads of other info that I wish I had when I first started even thinking about getting into it (most of my friends have said the same) in addition to a million other things (fundraisers for charity, fun outings, school project track bike, etc etc.).

So basically Im just here asking. Do you ride? if so would you join? And even if you don't ride, would this seem like a club that you might be interested in do just come and learn more and (provided you have your license which we could help you get) go for some test drives. Any mech eng students looking to help repair and work on engines? etc etc Lots of different ways to be a part of it, far to amny to list.

Also if anyone who does ride happens to see this and you happen to ride a cruiser or a chopper (Really rare for our age so its been tough findinging someone knowledgable about that) I know they are a bit different so if you would be interested in helping out please let me know.

(Oh and if this is improper use of those forum or something I'm sorry in advace just delete this post or move it to where it should be )