MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stress Management Event Assya Clubs & Groups 0 09-29-2010 09:29 PM
Stress b_sunshine55 General Discussion 14 11-04-2009 12:06 AM
Stress Management 1A03 goodnews.inc Exam Prep and Studying Tips 1 10-30-2009 07:37 AM
Exam stress? We have the cure Chad Exam Prep and Studying Tips 0 04-11-2007 01:37 PM

Coping with exam stress

Old 12-05-2011 at 09:03 PM   #1
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Coping with exam stress
What do you guys do to keep your cool around exam time?
Do you hit the gym, listen to music, dance to your fav. tunes ?? What's working for you?

Also, how early do you start studying for exams?

Lastly, GOOOOODDDLUCCCK everyone!
Old 12-05-2011 at 09:40 PM   #2
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

I work on my writing, do some low stress workouts so I don't use up all my energy, listen to music, nap, pine over the social inadequacy associated with exam time...etc.
Old 12-05-2011 at 09:51 PM   #3
LHen

Liked: 0 Times

I continue to exercise lots...nothings better than a kick of endorphins to relieve stress. Trying to do as many of my workouts outside seems to help too, the fresh air is good
Old 12-05-2011 at 09:58 PM   #4
Scarecrow
Dr. Crane

Liked: 89 Times

Don't forget to eat lots of fruit and veggies! derp
Old 12-05-2011 at 10:50 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I agree with exercising, it's also great to do a set of push-ups or sit-ups in the middle of studies in order to re-energize.

As for studying, in the past I usually studied 2-3 days before an exam if I had 2-3 days between exams, otherwise I would start a bit earlier. This year I started studying for my Thursday exam on Saturday. Never felt the pressure this far away before, but it's good to know that I can figure out if I need more time to study than usual.
Old 12-05-2011 at 10:55 PM   #6
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

fgfdsgfgdsf

Chevalier, escape, jim1 like this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 11:42 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I'm not so much stressed as I am anxious. Anxious to the point where I actually can't really sit down and get studying done without an extreme amount of effort.. I've trained my mind to respond extremely addictively to pleasure-seeking activities and away from things that don't immediately enthrall my senses. Don't give into time wasting behaviour or pleasurable things easily, and actively try to block them out if you want a long-term study-effectiveness plan.

Not really related so much to this thread but it randomly popped into my head, so its probably a good idea to write it down.

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 11:43 PM   #8
escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I work on my writing, do some low stress workouts so I don't use up all my energy, listen to music, nap, pine over the social inadequacy associated with exam time...etc.
that's a first! Do you blog?
Old 12-05-2011 at 11:46 PM   #9
escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHen View Post
I continue to exercise lots...nothings better than a kick of endorphins to relieve stress. Trying to do as many of my workouts outside seems to help too, the fresh air is good
I don't know about you guys but my body slows down during examination period and every bit of the energy is invested in concentrating on exams. The sluggish feeling is awful :/
Old 12-05-2011 at 11:48 PM   #10
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
I'm not so much stressed as I am anxious. Anxious to the point where I actually can't really sit down and get studying done without an extreme amount of effort.. I've trained my mind to respond extremely addictively to pleasure-seeking activities and away from things that don't immediately enthrall my senses. Don't give into time wasting behaviour or pleasurable things easily, and actively try to block them out if you want a long-term study-effectiveness plan.
It makes it easier to adapt if you use a crappy library computer so your less distacted or if you dont need a computer, to isolate yourself as much as possible. i trained myself last week for this and its worked well
Old 12-05-2011 at 11:49 PM   #11
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:

Not really related so much to this thread but it randomly popped into my head, so its probably a good idea to write it down.
THIS. I got so little work done this one day b/c I was anxious about all the work I had to do:(

I asked god to give me the strength to get through this, and I went for a run, problem solved b/c once you get started it becomes easier and easier.

Last edited by tyrant : 12-05-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2011 at 11:53 PM   #12
escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I agree with exercising, it's also great to do a set of push-ups or sit-ups in the middle of studies in order to re-energize.

As for studying, in the past I usually studied 2-3 days before an exam if I had 2-3 days between exams, otherwise I would start a bit earlier. This year I started studying for my Thursday exam on Saturday. Never felt the pressure this far away before, but it's good to know that I can figure out if I need more time to study than usual.
Great to know soo many of you exercise during exams to boost your energy level, as for me I prefer to dance to latin music and often get carried away.

2-3 days before the exam? quick learner i suppose?
Old 12-06-2011 at 12:05 AM   #13
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

casual sex and alcohol gets me through exams.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-06-2011 at 12:07 AM   #14
escape

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean. I've spent countless hours surfing the net/ facebooking when i should've been reviewing my notes. Procrastination at its finest

apples12, lifesciman1 like this.
Old 12-06-2011 at 12:22 AM   #15
escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
casual sex and alcohol gets me through exams.
haha

tell us more.