MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't we choose the core lectures, labs, and tutorials on solar now? forcajovem First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-12-2012 11:37 PM
lab before core blueblue939 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-24-2011 10:26 AM
Core/Tut/Lab selection lolliPop First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-24-2011 12:33 PM
core and lab strawbrryjam First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-11-2010 01:29 PM
Selecting Core Sections, Labs, Tutorials Zeehan Academics 4 06-14-2010 09:06 PM

Core, tutorials!

Old 08-07-2012 at 03:30 PM   #1
Lilly_Allen

Liked: 7 Times

Core, tutorials!
Hi guys, So im going to fix my schedule soon when solar re-opens im just wondering, my physics tutorials fits in at 11:30-1:20 (Thursday) and my first lecture for physics that week fits in for the same day but at 2:30. Just wondering, will this be a problem because the tutorial is before the lecture
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:39 PM   #2
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

You'll be having a couple more lectures before the one on Thursday I believe (check your timetable for other cores before Thursday), so you'll have plenty of information learnt by Thursday. Concepts relevant to the Tutorial, will probably be covered by then. So, no need to worry
Usually, concepts on the Tutorials are based on material reviewed in lectures from a week before or covered by the 1st lecture of the week. Hopefully that makes sense..
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:41 PM   #3
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

usually there's no tutorials for the first full week of school. if this isn't the case, your professor will make arrangements, afterall you're not the only one in that tutorial!
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:48 PM   #4
MacDaddy

Liked: 5 Times

If your tut is early in the week it is possible that you will do stuff which you haven't covered in lecture yet; if this concerns you schedule your tut later in the week
Old 08-07-2012 at 03:50 PM   #5
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

^ keep in mind your TA will be aware of this, and will act accordingly.