Course is BLOCKED? jdia Academics 9 07-27-2010 10:46 AM
Course blocked on timetable sinthusized Academics 5 04-29-2010 12:45 PM
Blocked Courses? aya017 Academics 4 11-26-2008 08:34 PM

Course Blocked due to Program

Old 05-02-2010 at 07:56 PM   #1
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Course Blocked due to Program
I need to take a course this summer as I am short one class; however, I have taken every course being offered this summer already, or am not able/allowed to take certain ones. I am in the Life Sciences program and have about 40-50% of my courses in psych.

There is a psych class that I would like to take this summer, but it is only open to students in the department of psych or combined psych, and therefore not life sciences.

Since there is plenty of room left in the class, is it possible to ask a prof for permission and take the course? Does a prof have that ability to waive that prerequisite?
Old 05-02-2010 at 08:37 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by webzn View Post
I need to take a course this summer as I am short one class; however, I have taken every course being offered this summer already, or am not able/allowed to take certain ones. I am in the Life Sciences program and have about 40-50% of my courses in psych.

There is a psych class that I would like to take this summer, but it is only open to students in the department of psych or combined psych, and therefore not life sciences.

Since there is plenty of room left in the class, is it possible to ask a prof for permission and take the course? Does a prof have that ability to waive that prerequisite?
yes it is possible to ask.. you should try it and if the prof grants you permission, they will put the waiver in solar or will cc an email to someone who can.