MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need To Take A Course That's Full? Desda Academics 6 04-30-2011 05:04 PM
Getting Into a Full Course Watoko Academics 21 12-20-2010 06:33 PM
Full Course....??!! giddz Academics 1 08-30-2010 12:35 PM
Full courses! lorii First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-03-2010 05:40 PM
Getting into a full course... Wolf11 Academics 1 09-07-2008 12:11 AM

course full

Old 08-08-2011 at 07:33 PM   #1
ashley_1

Liked: 0 Times

course full
is there a way besides going to the department/faculty to enroll in a course that's already full?
Old 08-08-2011 at 07:41 PM   #2
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Wait it out. A lot of people drop courses in the first week so you'll likely be able to get a spot in the class early September. I would check periodically up until then as well.
Why don't you want to contact the department head?
Old 08-10-2011 at 08:26 AM   #3
ashley_1

i was just wondering if there was another way besides that.
i guess that would be quicker than waiting for someone to drop it, thanks
Old 08-10-2011 at 08:28 AM   #4
Rath
Account Locked

Liked: 18 Times

Secret backdoor SOLAR

No, obviously not. If there was a special way to enter a class when its full then everyone would do it making it void. Think.
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:30 PM   #5
ashley_1

hahaha actually, my friend just told me that she actually sent in some form to get into a full course.
"think."

L'Étoile says thanks to ashley_1 for this post.
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:33 PM   #6
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

unless it's a required course, you're pretty much out of luck (unless someone drops it)
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:37 PM   #7
ashley_1

well then i may be in luck, thanks
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:51 PM   #8
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Thats not true. I get most of my psych courses by talking to the department of psychology academic advisor and she gives me seat authorizations.

There is a list somewhere (cant find it) of all academic advisors for each department and talk to the person that represents the course, they will give you a seat authorization if there is seats left.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-10-2011 at 11:32 PM   #9
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Thats not true. I get most of my psych courses by talking to the department of psychology academic advisor and she gives me seat authorizations.

There is a list somewhere (cant find it) of all academic advisors for each department and talk to the person that represents the course, they will give you a seat authorization if there is seats left.
When do you normally email the people to do this? I'm flipping out because I need a couple psych courses that have been full since pretty much the beginning of time & I'm checking daily.
;__;

Old 08-10-2011 at 11:48 PM   #10
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
When do you normally email the people to do this? I'm flipping out because I need a couple psych courses that have been full since pretty much the beginning of time & I'm checking daily.
;__;
I went to Ann the day after my solar registration opened back in june I think. And I told her that I am working for a minor and I really need this course is there a waiting list/possibility of me getting a seat authorization and I always get them

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-11-2011 at 01:11 AM   #11
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Trust me as long as you are trying to get into a course other than commerce you can get into the course you want. Only at Degroote are they very picky and very conservatory towards courses
Old 08-11-2011 at 10:22 AM   #12
ashley_1

do you just email your department academic advisor to make an appointment for a seat authorization?
Old 08-11-2011 at 10:31 AM   #13
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_1 View Post
do you just email your department academic advisor to make an appointment for a seat authorization?
Its usually better to email the undergraduate department head for the class you're trying to get into, they can open up seats for students and I usually have my best luck with them.
Old 08-11-2011 at 11:19 AM   #14
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
I went to Ann the day after my solar registration opened back in june I think. And I told her that I am working for a minor and I really need this course is there a waiting list/possibility of me getting a seat authorization and I always get them
Back in JUNE?!?! :O

Crap, I've got some emailing to do, brb

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 08-11-2011 at 11:32 AM   #15
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Someone almost always drops in the first week of the course. What I recommend, other than obviously continually checking SOLAR for a spot, is attending the first one of two classes. It's pretty much inevitable that someone will drop, and the first class can be important. Go sit in anyway. Even if you can't get into the class later, at least you sort of know what your getting into if you can take that class at a later time.

Watoko likes this.