MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requirement completed in Grade 12 Q sdb23 Academics 6 04-26-2010 12:15 PM
Time-stamping: Religious Studies courses aani Academics 2 02-24-2010 12:49 PM
First year Nursing and Human Biochem Core Courses at same time! daisy Academics 6 07-11-2009 10:18 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Courses that have to be completed by certain time..

Old 12-31-2009 at 01:41 AM   #1
sidraH

Liked: 0 Times

Courses that have to be completed by certain time..
So what happens if you fail to complete a course by a certain level? For example, for Biology physics is required to be completed by second year. Does anyone know what happens if you don't?
Old 12-31-2009 at 05:00 AM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Well generally your program ends up being extended by an extra semester or year, which is needed to make up the credit (equivalent to if you took the course and failed it).

I've only heard of people in engineering in situations like this, so I'm unsure if it applies to whatever you're in. Usually they end up taking a kind of semester or year in limbo where they aren't really a first or second year, and they retake courses they failed while also taking easy courses to boost their mark. Sometimes the streams they're trying to get into will make exceptions and let them take some of the courses they didn't fail the prerequisites for in that time.

Dunno if that helps much.
Old 12-31-2009 at 04:20 PM   #3
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I'm assuming you're in second year Bio now?

I'm really not sure what would happen, but I assume you'd be able to either switch into another stream that doesn't require Physics (like Psych) or you might be allowed to stay in the program if you register for the course in the summer. I don't think its a huge deal until you go to graduate (but if you still haven't completed it by then, its a very big deal). If the course is full (as I think both Physics currently are) then they will probably be a bit more lenient.

However, you should talk to an academic adviser ASAP. While I can't see it being a huge deal, its a very real possibility. So yeah, do that.

sidraH says thanks to Marlowe for this post.