MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac Nursing Caitlyn Academics 158 07-23-2011 10:50 AM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Anyone going to Mo-Mac Nursing ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-11-2010 11:47 AM

CPR course for nursing?

Old 05-17-2010 at 07:46 AM   #1
memyselfandi

Liked: 0 Times

CPR course for nursing?
I accepted my nursing offer through OUAC and I still haven't received my package about police check, immunization, CPR, etc. So I'm just wondering to those in nursing when did you take your CPR course? How long is the course? Do I have to do it before September? thank-you.
Old 05-17-2010 at 08:03 AM   #2
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

you will recieve your package soon,, but yes you do need CPR it's the 2 day course you have to take for the nursing.... CPR at a health care provider level and first aid.
Mohawk college offers it.. i think its 90$ or something, and they also have the mask fit testing too ....
Old 05-17-2010 at 09:50 AM   #3
gholitf

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Hi. McMaster EFRT through Canadian Red Cross also offers these courses. We have lots of experienced and highly qualified instructors. There are lots of dates to choose from during the summer and during the year. Here's a link with the information:

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesa...o/redCross.htm
Old 05-17-2010 at 11:48 PM   #4
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Hi, you only need CPR at the HCP level.
I don't think First Aid is necessary, at least.. when I got in two years ago, I didn't need it.
Did it change?
Old 05-18-2010 at 12:04 PM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

The sheet I got said HCP level, and I don't think that it would be different for the Accelerated program. So its most likely that you only need HCP.

If you want me to scan you a copy of the sheet I got send me a PM
Old 05-18-2010 at 04:53 PM   #6
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

they told us last year the we needed first aid.... probly just for a money grab.... go figure
Old 05-18-2010 at 07:31 PM   #7
mtam

Liked: 4 Times

Hi

You need CPR for HCP w. AED. Mohawk offers it at the IAHS campus on Mac. It's about $65 and is only one day. Best to get it by September, but you can stretch it out a little because you have a some leeway before they start verifying those requirements.