MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP is killing me... DanielaC First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-23-2010 04:08 PM
Help with SOLAR and ELECTIVES! PLS PLS PLS HELP! parents are killing me! jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-04-2010 11:34 PM
Killing 5 hours between classes reeves First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 65 09-02-2009 10:05 AM
The How To: Killing Time When You Have Lots of it ferreinm Misc 6 01-01-2009 10:59 PM

Crossbow killing at Toronto Library.

Old 12-03-2010 at 04:27 PM   #16
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Anyone else not surprised it happened in a library?from what i've seen at mac asians spend 90% of their time in libraries so it makes perfect sense for ANYTHING they do to happen there.

not make light of the situation jus sayin

*I also heard on the radio the crossbow shooter was the victims son

Rakim likes this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 04:40 PM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Why is it suddenly more terrible because it was his own son? A life is a life. >_>

Regardless, hopefully he experiences the wrath of the law in its entirety.

On a side note, I don't know much about Chinese culture and dishonoring family name's and such, but it'll be interesting to see if and how much of a part culture plays in his hearing.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-03-2010 at 05:08 PM   #18
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Why is it suddenly more terrible because it was his own son? A life is a life. >_>

On a side note, I don't know much about Chinese culture and dishonoring family name's and such, but it'll be interesting to see if and how much of a part culture plays in his hearing.
Honor killing in Chinese culture? I've heard of Samurai's in Japanese culture, but Chinese? Not really, maybe he was just ****ing insane.

Equinox likes this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 05:31 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Honor killing in Chinese culture? I've heard of Samurai's in Japanese culture, but Chinese? Not really, maybe he was just ****ing insane.
Just to clarify, I was basing that off of the other posts in this thread since I was assuming people know way more than I do about Chinese culture.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-03-2010 at 05:33 PM   #20
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Have you guys heard Miguels new album, its awesome
Old 12-03-2010 at 05:56 PM   #21
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

I can see it. The kid goes, judge this is part of my culture, its what we do. And the judge is like, ok this is Canada I cant discriminate against your culture and sets him free
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:01 PM   #22
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

People are so stupid. Just because it's a son killing father, you guys have to attribute it to culture. Do you know how many domestic crimes occur in North America...and we don't go about saying it's Western culture.

The fact is these things happen all over the world for whatever reason. It's disgusting that the first thing to come to mind is culture. I'd go so far to say it's somewhat racist. "Oh they're not white so it has to be a culture thing."

Last edited by SilentWalker : 12-03-2010 at 07:20 PM.

camais, collinbf, escape like this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:10 PM   #23
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Sounds like someone had their family honour disrespected.

/latetothethread

Old 12-03-2010 at 07:18 PM   #24
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
People are so stupid. Just because it's a son killing a father, you guys have to attribute it to culture. Do you know how many domestic crimes occur in North America...and we don't go about saying it's Western culture.

The fact is these things happen all over the world for whatever reason. It's disgusting that the first thing to come to mind is culture. I'd go so far to say it's somewhat racist. "Oh they're not white so it has to be a culture thing."
fixed
12char

SilentWalker says thanks to Cliu91 for this post.
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:23 PM   #25
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Why post this fear-propelling propaganda shit you call news?
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:25 PM   #26
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
fixed
12char
it's completely backwards to

the son's supposed to kill someone else's father, go back to his father, get down on his knees and say "I have avenged you"

Afzal likes this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:32 PM   #27
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
Why post this fear-propelling propaganda shit you call news?
Yes, yes, I agree.

Please remove this thread nao guys. And let's discuss females.
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:44 PM   #28
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Yes, yes, I agree.

Please remove this thread nao guys. And let's discuss females.
It would've been hot if the killer was a female with a crossbow dressed like a prehistoric hunter eh?

.... well, it would've looked hot before she went ahead and killed a human I guess.

Alchemist11 likes this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 08:15 PM   #29
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
It would've been hot if the killer was a female with a crossbow dressed like a prehistoric hunter eh?

.... well, it would've looked hot before she went ahead and killed a human I guess.
But..but.. prehistoric hunters were hairy :(

Actually, I'm kinda into that so... by all means... intrigue me.

Old 12-03-2010 at 08:19 PM   #30
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post

I could have sworn I had a picture like that saved on my computer. Just wasted time searching for it. No luck :(