MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my relationship lacky Dating & Relationships 34 02-23-2011 07:18 PM
Relationship advice for men & women WC007 Dating & Relationships 1 10-19-2010 12:10 AM
Other School Relationship mike_302 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-29-2009 03:47 PM
How to get a date - relationship advice lorend Misc 1 10-13-2007 11:14 AM

Culture relationship

Old 04-24-2011 at 12:42 AM   #46
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by noor91 View Post
It just seems like you're quitting because you have no counterargument which is fine by me....
Bit*h I can go all day.

Quote:
Let me remind you that YOU began this with your uncalled for attack on Arabs and Muslims; this thread didn't begin as a discussion on Islam until you came along and randomly vented your life's frustrations by ranting insults. At least have the decency to admit that instead of being condescending and pretending you didn't "mean to offend"
I did not come and randomly vented my life's frustration by ranting insults, mfattal mentioned that Saudi is a multicultural country and I was just talking about saudi arabia. And yes I did not mean to offend anyone, if you or any muslim can't take any criticism then that is your damn problem.

Plus, why are you being a thread creep, you only did one post before this and now you are telling me to keep going and talk and should not just quit before making a counterarguement. Who are you?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

Last edited by L'Étoile : 04-24-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2011 at 12:59 AM   #47
noor91
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 3 Times

Watch your language...I didn't say anything disrespectful to you...there you go again attacking for no obvious reason!

I don't usually post because I have a life (off the internet)... in any case you can relax I'll go back to not posting and you can go back to your attacking! It's easy to sit there behind the safety of your computer screen and ramble isn't it?

mfattal likes this.
Old 04-24-2011 at 01:01 AM   #48
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Watch your language...I didn't say anything disrespectful to you...there you go again attacking for no obvious reason!

I don't usually post because I have a life (off the internet)... in any case you can relax I'll go back to not posting and you can go back to your attacking! It's easy to sit there behind the safety of your computer screen and ramble isn't it?
yo, are you trying to say that we all MI users have no life? Be careful eh, before I rip your hair out.

And yes, maybe I am tired and sick of my life, tired of my religious family and taking it all out on here, yes I could be wrong, but its the cold truth, I did not make up stuff.

Last edited by L'Étoile : 04-24-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-24-2011 at 01:02 AM   #49
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:

Gotta say you're being pretty hypocritical here. You're calling him out for "hiding" behind his computer when he's got his full name and program posted while you simply have your initials.

L'Étoile says thanks to RememberTwce for this post.

Old 04-24-2011 at 02:20 AM   #50
revolution27

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
When old old teachings are made, they are based on social norms of the time. As time goes on its up to individuals to take what they want from the teachings.
Or leave the whole thing behind and develop your own moral compass without relying on irrelevant crap written ages ago. lol @ religion.

To answer the OP's question: oh wait nvm... not worth answering...

Old 04-24-2011 at 02:39 AM   #51
Revolution1

Liked: 77 Times

<Sigh> I wish that organized religion would disappear from the face of the earth. If only people would wake up and stop living by ancient laws created by men from a society so very different from ours.

"Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one"

- John Lennon

TedMosby likes this.
Old 04-24-2011 at 09:06 AM   #52
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
So what I'm gathering from this is that there are verses from the Quran that are outdated/old-age and should be changed/removed, and we agree that the Quran says a woman's testimony is worth less than a man's.
no it dosent -_- make sure u know what it means before making false judgments

iloveyou likes this.
Old 04-24-2011 at 09:09 AM   #53
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Can we please stop this ... I had no intention of talking and arguing about islam and how backward its, I also had no intention of showing how muslims lie all the time and try to show that their religion is the most peaceful thing that ever happened to this earth.

All I was trying to show the boy mfattal, is that Saudi Arabia is SO NOT a multicultural country and it just operates on the islamic teachings/arabic cultures and does not appreciate, accept or promote other cultures/religions/races etc etc

I also did not mean to offend any muslim, as long you don't shove your religion down my throat, I am fine with you.
U know ur pissing me off

"Muslims lie" wtf? you cant say that all 1billion people all lie
I cant believe your talking about this
the teachings of the prophet are actually very good and can be implemented in todays world
Look at this before u say anything more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbICjWI7Vrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidness View Post
@L'Étoile, you raise valid points. However, an interesting question came to my mind: Is there any account of the prophet beating any of his wives? To my limited knowledge on this topic, I don't think he ever has. If true, what would this imply? Aren't Muslims supposed to follow their prophet's lead?
The prophet never beet any of his wives
He is a very good example that people should follow

@L'Étoile

stop talking in stuff u dont know about especially making false accuses of the Quran

Im not Going to let any one talk about my prophet like this

Last edited by mfattal : 04-24-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:04 AM   #54
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
U know ur pissing me off

"Muslims lie" wtf? you cant say that all 1billion people all lie
I cant believe your talking about this
the teachings of the prophet are actually very good and can be implemented in todays world
Look at this before u say anything more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbICjWI7Vrw

@L'Étoile

stop talking in stuff u dont know about especially making false accuses of the Quran

Frankly you're pissing me off for being mad at someone just because they have an opinion that doesn't match that doesn't match your own. Alright where to begin..

"the teachings of the prophet are actually very good and can be implemented in todays world"
I'm not going to argue this with you because I am on no level an expert but don't make arguments like this without submitting any proof. L'Etoile and others were actually engaging in an argument. I even saw some quotes from the Qur'an. That should indicate to you that this has gone far beyond the point where you can come in and make statements without proof and expect people to take you seriously.

However, what really makes me mad is that you target L'Etoile by claiming that he doesn't know what he is talking about when clearly he is an Arab (was I supposed to capitalize that, who knows ) himself and has seen both sides of this religious debate. He has just as much of a right to argue as you so if you actually feel strongly about your opinion, start writing and prove it to the rest of us.

"Im not Going to let any one talk about my prophet like this"
I can't decide what's worse: The fact that you capitalized "going" or that you're making threats on a forum.

Edit: What the hell does that link you posted prove? It's a song -_-''
You're really bad at this whole arguing thing.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 04-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.

L'Étoile, Revolution1 like this.
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:06 AM   #55
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:

Boy, yes prophet never did, but as long as the muslim rules allow wife beating, its disrespectful. Like if America allowed murders, but Obama never did murder anyone ... he is a good example but the rules are wrong no matter what.

Quote:
@L'Étoile

False accusations ?? I just quoted the Quran, twice ... How on earth is that false accusations ?
Wait you might not understand the definition of false accusations like you never understood the definition of multicultrism ..

Last edited by L'Étoile : 04-24-2011 at 10:17 AM.

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:17 AM   #56
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Yoking is inevitable.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 04-24-2011 at 10:22 AM.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:25 AM   #57
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

--an attempt to get back to topic--

This video went viral a few days ago, but I'll leave it here in case the OP hasn't seen it yet.

As for the second question, I guess the reason you don't see enough of this happening is because brown guys tend to be shy (mostly personal experience talking though) and as for brown girls, probably too scared of their parents finding out? And yeah there are major culture differences but they shouldn't get in the way of a relationship, or else you two wouldn't have gotten this far to think about one, if that makes any sense?

Unless your questions were just hypothetical, then it wont...
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:31 AM   #58
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
--an attempt to get back to topic--
LMFAO Farid you are so awesome

ikantsepll says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:38 AM   #59
mfattal1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
Boy, yes prophet never did, but as long as the muslim rules allow wife beating, its disrespectful. Like if America allowed murders, but Obama never did murder anyone ... he is a good example but the rules are wrong no matter what.

False accusations ?? I just quoted the Quran, twice ... How on earth is that false accusations ?
Wait you might not understand the definition of false accusations like you never understood the definition of multicultrism ..
The Quran does not say
Beet ur wife

Where does it say that
beating your wife is wrong
my Grandfather is a famous Shikh in Halab and he dosent even beet his wife
and if something is said in the quran its best to be followed
please dude ur making islam sound worse from some one who clearly dosent know the first thing about it

and yes my main account is banned
Old 04-24-2011 at 10:42 AM   #60
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal1 View Post
The Quran does not say
Beet ur wife

Where does it say that
beating your wife is wrong
my Grandfather is a famous Shikh in Halab and he dosent even beet his wife
and if something is said in the quran its best to be followed
please dude ur making islam sound worse from some one who clearly dosent know the first thing about it

and yes my main account is banned
Congratulations in getting banned

And did you check the quote that I mentioned?

GO CHECK IT

Last edited by L'Étoile : 04-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.