MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bursaries are released...but I have a question memyselfandi Financial Aid 0 02-01-2011 09:22 PM
When will the 10-11 timetable be released? Kathy2 Academics 11 05-26-2010 09:28 PM
Grades Have Been Released! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 25 12-28-2009 03:58 PM
Timetables released! blackdragon Academics 156 08-19-2009 02:52 PM
Marks Have Been Released! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 05-01-2008 03:23 PM

Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released

Old 03-09-2011 at 02:53 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

since when are you allowed to (very publicly) make death threats and are able to get away with it?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-09-2011 at 02:53 PM   #17
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

His son was murdered and the guy ate his son, too.

His wife is also dead.

But no, he should show compassion and reserve. Totally.

Mikob11 likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:54 PM   #18
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
You clearly do not know the people in my life/the things I have seen. So you really shouldn't tell me not to comment. Thanks
Hmmm, you remind me of another person from another post where she kept saying you don't know what I've been through, so don't judge me, Im not crazy for thinking the way I do.

I don't care about what you've been through. Most people have been through horrible things in life, but they don't use it to back up their arguments every chance they get. Your attitude towards the father is insensitive and you clearly lack empathy, so whatever.

Cliu91, Rakim like this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:54 PM   #19
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
since when are you allowed to (very publicly) make death threats and are able to get away with it?
This just happened today, i imagine he will get arrested.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:54 PM   #20
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
You clearly have no empathy for the father, so you really shouldn't comment.
Ah, a comment that exemplifies why this entire forum is a place of groupthink.

Anyone who disagrees from the majority opinion, even if that person is the only one using logic, is shunned and it is stated that their opinion isn't worth anything.

What a crappy forum. MI has only threads where an emotionally filled opinion is laid out, and murmurs of assent from the rest of the masses whilst ignoring any aspect of logic or any opinion that isn't the same.

Just because the murderer deserves it (and this is also debatable) doesn't mean it's right for the father to kill him.

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

-JRR Tolkien

Mepper, Revolution1 all say thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.

Old 03-09-2011 at 02:55 PM   #21
Rakim
Account Locked

Or maybe the majority is correct.

God, you're annoying

Clematis, Mikob11 like this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:58 PM   #22
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Hashim, I'm annoying? Right.

Anyway,

Try to think of this scenario:

There's a third party who's holding the murderer's son and wife hostage.
The third party says "take this child, and kill him" or I'll kill your wife and son in the most brutal way possible.

Is the murderer still deserving of death?
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:58 PM   #23
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Ah, a comment that exemplifies why this entire forum is a place of groupthink.

Anyone who disagrees from the majority opinion, even if that person is the only one using logic, is shunned and it is stated that their opinion isn't worth anything.

What a crappy forum. MI has only threads where an emotionally filled opinion is laid out, and murmurs of assent from the rest of the masses whilst ignoring any aspect of logic or any opinion that isn't the same.

Just because the murderer deserves it (and this is also debatable) doesn't mean it's right for the father to kill him.

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

-JRR Tolkien

I love when people quote books, it really shows you're connected to reality. Can you think of an intelligent quote on your own or do you really need an author to do it for you.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:59 PM   #24
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:

^This.

I love how people are making it out to sound like I'm a cold hearted ***** who has no empathy for a father whose son has been killed and thinking that I'm using my emotions to win this or whatever the **** she thought.
Old 03-09-2011 at 03:00 PM   #25
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Quote:
I love when people quote books, it really shows you're connected to reality. Can you think of an intelligent quote on your own or do you really need an author to do it for you.
The term is quotation, you ****ing moron. Stop trying to make a fool of yourself.

You're trying to argue against great thinkers and writers? Please.

That's like saying "stop quoting scientific articles, can't you think of M theory on your own?"

Shmowen likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 03:02 PM   #26
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Hmmm, you remind me of another person from another post where she kept saying you don't know what I've been through, so don't judge me, Im not crazy for thinking the way I do.

I don't care about what you've been through. Most people have been through horrible things in life, but they don't use it to back up their arguments every chance they get. Your attitude towards the father is insensitive and you clearly lack empathy, so whatever.

Isn't that what the father is doing basically?
Old 03-09-2011 at 03:14 PM   #27
jo87
Elite Member

Quote:
The term is quotation, you ****ing moron. Stop trying to make a fool of yourself.

That's like saying "stop quoting scientific articles, can't you think of M theory on your own?"

No, I'm arguing you're stupid because you are using another persons work because you cant make a point on your own. Go read a book, Mr. Smartypants.

Keep in ming quoting intelligent people doesn't make you intelligent. Many people can copy and paste something from wikipedia.

Last edited by jo87 : 03-09-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2011 at 03:18 PM   #28
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
No, I'm arguing you're stupid because you are using another persons work because you cant make a point on your own. Go read a book, Mr. Smartypants.
He already made his point without the quotation.
Old 03-09-2011 at 03:19 PM   #29
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Lol sorry, in science we back up our arguments with citations by people smarter than ourselves.

I guess in social science you just say whatever you want regardless of how ridiculous the premise of your argument may be and get marks for it, eh?

My point was as follows:

Try to think of this scenario:

There's a third party who's holding the murderer's son and wife hostage.
The third party says "take this child, and kill him" or I'll kill your wife and son in the most brutal way possible.

Is the murderer still deserving of death?

Does he deserve to undergo torture (plus the jail time, plus the horror of killing an innocent child) because he wanted to save his wife and kids from their torture?

Desda likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 03:20 PM   #30
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:

y r u so mad all the time and write like 20 paragraphs in each post trying to sound so smart? u need to relax