MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Mythbusters' accidentally shoots cannonball through California home Chad General Discussion 1 12-08-2011 09:03 PM
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
Facebook Does It Again Chad MacInsiders Announcements 19 02-21-2010 04:37 PM
New Facebook Profiles On The Way Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-05-2008 09:57 PM
New Facebook Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-23-2007 03:40 PM

Dad Shoots Daughter’s Laptop Over Facebook Post

Old 02-11-2012 at 07:33 PM   #46
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Haha well done to the father...kids these days really are something else and I may only be a few years older than her but I was just raised differently I guess. Saying she is only 15 means nothing and it's just ignorant to say this is the "typical response of a teenage girl"... why should it be? What has happened in her life that is so awful and that she cannot bear? I don't know if it's just how I was raised or perhaps kids like that have always been around but the things she was complaining about is just plain pathetic - she's got maybe 15-20 minutes of housework a day, how much time do you think she spends mindlessly scrolling through Facebook?
Old 02-11-2012 at 07:44 PM   #47
Galleria

Liked: 10 Times

For those that say "Oh todays kids are so badly behaved etc etc.", you really should stop being so self righteous and just repeating what you hear from misinformed elders. For instance http://well.blogs.nytimes.co m/2012/02/02/the-kids-are-more-than-all-right/ shows that todays teens are far better behaved than their parents were.
Old 02-11-2012 at 08:32 PM   #48
oxelhs

Liked: 11 Times

Next time you're on a bus or any other public transport, look at the teenagers on it and you'll see what I mean...I don't know about drug use but the lack of respect for anyone is disgusting, maybe you just don't see it.
Old 02-11-2012 at 09:02 PM   #49
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxelhs View Post
Next time you're on a bus or any other public transport, look at the teenagers on it and you'll see what I mean...I don't know about drug use but the lack of respect for anyone is disgusting, maybe you just don't see it.
That has less to do with "kids these days" and more to do with "kids all the time". That's how teenagers have always acted, this isn't some new phenomena that hasn't been seen before. A lot of people are only seeing it now because they are just exiting their teen years.

AlienSummer likes this.
Old 02-12-2012 at 05:49 AM   #50
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleria View Post
For those that say "Oh todays kids are so badly behaved etc etc.", you really should stop being so self righteous and just repeating what you hear from misinformed elders. For instance http://well.blogs.nytimes.co m/2012/02/02/the-kids-are-more-than-all-right/ shows that todays teens are far better behaved than their parents were.
Very interesting, good find.
Old 02-12-2012 at 02:36 PM   #51
person33

Liked: 53 Times

its easy to say o kids today when you are out of your teens and have hind sight to look back into the past with- im sure there are times in everybody's life where they said something to their parents, got in a fight with them over something trivial and felt bad afterwards and probably looked like a brat at the time- if she is really being raised well she will look back and feel bad and when she is an adult she'll be grateful for things she had as a kid- same as most people. no reason to crucify her for this one instance of being greedy. im not so sure our generation ( late 80s/90s kids) were raised that much differently you just learn as you go along in life
Old 02-16-2012 at 10:38 AM   #52
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Daughter Responds to Father Shooting her Laptop

http://youtu.be/6Z9LEen8KcI

For some reason I find this quite fake but what do you guys think?
Old 02-16-2012 at 11:35 AM   #53
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikokoyoki View Post
Daughter Responds to Father Shooting her Laptop

http://youtu.be/6Z9LEen8KcI

For some reason I find this quite fake but what do you guys think?
Ye its fake like nicki minajs ass