MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discovery Thread mattatmac Music 0 12-31-2010 04:24 AM
Serious thread is serious Kendoon General Discussion 9 11-06-2010 03:20 PM
Deep Fried Pickles - Joe Dogs Shananaghens Restaurants & Food Reviews 0 06-13-2010 03:31 PM
old cs thread kevinf Gaming 21 12-29-2009 12:51 PM

Deep thread at 6 am

Old 12-18-2011 at 05:06 AM   #1
tray

Liked: 4 Times

Deep thread at 6 am
Don't you sometimes think about life. Every now and then I think about how we are getting older really fast it seems every year and soon we will be 35 . Why are we getting older so fast ;,( I want to be young. I need to take advatage of this miment being young .. Hmm
Old 12-18-2011 at 05:30 AM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I wasn't born here and everytime my family celebrates the day we came to Canada, I always think to myself, "I can't believe I've live in this country for that long." years go by so fast that it seems like it just happened yesterday or something...

mc_kumar likes this.
Old 12-18-2011 at 06:27 AM   #3
wesiscool

Liked: 13 Times

I think that too, and wonder why I try so hard in school. To go into a bigger macro aspect, everyone dies and all we do in life, at the end, becomes pointless. *sigh

Biochem47, crazyfree like this.
Old 12-18-2011 at 06:55 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

thats not deep. while studying all night i thought why i was in engineering
Old 12-18-2011 at 07:23 AM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray View Post
Don't you sometimes think about life. Every now and then I think about how we are getting older really fast it seems every year and soon we will be 35 . Why are we getting older so fast ;,( I want to be young. I need to take advatage of this miment being young .. Hmm
Yeah man... thats reallly deep...

Juicebox says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 12-18-2011 at 07:25 AM   #6
Ardougne

Liked: 20 Times

soon your parents and everyone you love would be dead.

RyanC likes this.
Old 12-18-2011 at 10:30 AM   #7
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I've been thinking about getting older a lot lately because my birthday is imminent. However, I've also had tragedy in my family and I think about how lucky I am that I am getting older, because it means I am alive.
Old 12-18-2011 at 05:26 PM   #8
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

I'm going to try and sum this up so it isn't a wall of text.

Basically life is a game, no matter what you do or accomplish someday the human race will be extinguished and all memory of your achievements will be lost. So all of this emphasis you put on life is self-imposed.

We all come to this realization, but constantly deny it, as we pursue careers, families, etc. We have anxiety about thing that we know really don't matter simply because it makes the game more fun.

In my opinion the goal of life should be to extract as much enjoyment as possible, whether that comes to you while playing video games or reading classical fiction, it does not matter, what matters is the experience that you have while you are alive.

I'd be interested in any arguments anyone has with my logic, i'm open for a friendly debate.

dreamer21, Grover like this.
Old 12-18-2011 at 05:34 PM   #9
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

i misread the title and thought it said "deep throat at 6 am"
i blame it on the lack of sleep
dont judge me i still have exams left

Old 12-18-2011 at 06:28 PM   #10
pmariano

Liked: 0 Times

It's funny cause when we were gorwing up as children, we could not wait to grow up due to the fact we wanted to be all grown up and make our own decisions and thought that life was a slow process. Now that we are older everything just speeds by in the blink of an eye, it is a weird paradox.
Old 12-18-2011 at 07:47 PM   #11
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Totally agree. When you think about life in big picture, all we're immersed in e.g.school, grades, etc seem pointless. But then what would we rather be doing? Chilling and having fun only last so long; they're only fun when you get to do them for a limited amount of time.

Also, school no matter how ugly and annoying one might think it is, is in fact the best time of ppl's lives.
When we were young we couldn't wait to grow up and now we can't wait to wait to grow older. Human nature, 'tis true.
Old 12-18-2011 at 08:25 PM   #12
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
i misread the title and thought it said "deep throat at 6 am"
i blame it on the lack of sleep
dont judge me i still have exams left
lol... at least i wasnt the only one
Old 12-18-2011 at 08:30 PM   #13
tyrant