i missed my exam! PLEASE HELP!!! rrtt Academics 2 04-24-2009 09:10 PM
Defered exam marks? SugarySnack Academics 2 02-28-2009 09:31 PM
Exam Help JokrJon Academics 3 02-27-2009 09:26 PM

Defered Exam

Old 04-16-2010 at 04:56 PM   #1
islytt

Liked: 5 Times

Defered Exam
I want to defer my exam next week. I went to see my doctor today and he filled the Mcmaster Student Health Certificate. The problem is he just selected the degree of incapacitation as moderate but he did commented that I can not attend the exam and the reasons. It is OK for deferring the exam? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2010 at 05:01 PM   #2
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

UGH. I hate people who defer exams just because they want to. Suck it up and write it. When you get into the big scary real world, no one is going to accept a doctor's note for not getting shit done.
Old 04-16-2010 at 05:03 PM   #3
islytt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
UGH. I hate people who defer exams just because they want to. Suck it up and write it. When you get into the big scary real world, no one is going to accept a doctor's note for not getting shit done.
No man, I am really sick for real, not just because I want to defer my exam.
Old 04-16-2010 at 05:04 PM   #4
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by islytt View Post
I want to defer my exam next week. I went to see my doctor today and he filled the Mcmaster Student Health Certificate. The problem is he just selected the degree of incapacitation as moderate but he did commented that I can not attend the exam and the reasons. It is OK for deferring the exam? Thanks in advance.
Moderate is not gonna get you out of an exam.
Old 04-16-2010 at 05:06 PM   #5
islytt

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
Moderate is not gonna get you out of an exam.
The doctor has already approved that I can not attend exam but he still put is as moderate. What can I do now?
Old 04-16-2010 at 05:09 PM   #6
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by islytt View Post
No man, I am really sick for real, not just because I want to defer my exam.
Yeah but your doctor must not think you're THAT sick, just moderately which means you will probably get better by next week. That's why he checked that off, you could always go back to a walk in clinic over the weekend and tell them you don't feel better and have to them fill out another form.
Old 04-16-2010 at 07:57 PM   #7
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

who are we to play troll and say that this guy isnt actually sick, it actually happens sometimes in the "big scary world", in regards to his question, i suggest you email the associate dean or prof just to be safe

danallan likes this.
Old 04-16-2010 at 08:03 PM   #8
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

My mistake. It was the "I want" that made me think it was a cop out. If you're really sick, I hope it works out for ya. And say "I need" next time.