MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missed my exam... MarkA Academics 28 04-21-2010 11:18 PM
Enviro Sci Exam? Keenu Academics 3 04-20-2010 08:46 AM
Exam locations noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 12-14-2009 08:05 PM
Course with no final exam? Quester Academics 7 12-12-2009 05:09 PM
Exam on Holiday J-Met Academics 13 04-10-2009 09:38 PM

Exam Help

Old 02-26-2009 at 04:37 PM   #1
JokrJon

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Exam Help
Hey everyone,

My name's Jonathan and I'm a member of McMaster's Student's Offering Support. We're a new student organization that offers innovative 'Exam-Aid' sessions for first and second year courses. Admission to an 'Exam Aid' session is a $20 donation, which will go entirely to our partner charity that has yet to be decided upon and will be determined by our Chapter Executives in coordination with Canada Students Offering Support, our parent affiliation.

Canada SOS was created in 2004 by Laurier student, Greg Overholt and, as a student led charitable association, has tutored over 2,500 students and raised over $140,000 for various sustainable development projects over the last four years in Kenya, Belize, Jamaica and Honduras.

We currently have a chemistry session setup for the upcoming midterm next week, but space is limited so if anyone is interested, please message or email me. Admission is $10 and the session is going to be held on Tuesday, March 3.

We're also looking for tutors to help teach first year Biology and Physics courses. So if any TA's or student's who've taken said courses are interested, please email me or reply back.

Thanks,
Jonathan
([email protected])
Old 02-27-2009 at 05:16 PM   #2
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

where did the charity money go in the past four years?
Old 02-27-2009 at 07:19 PM   #3
JokrJon

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Since the McMaster chapter is fairly new, we're starting to contribute this year. But at our other chapters, they've raised money for many developing countries. Last year Wilfred Laurier and Trent University raised over $40,000 for a school in Honduras. Here's the summary of they did last year:

http://www.studentsofferings upport...s/SOS_2008.pdf

And if anyone wants any additional information, feel free to browse around our website:

http://www.studentsofferings upport.ca/

Jonathan
Old 02-27-2009 at 09:26 PM   #4
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

oh ok.. makes sense...

i only asked because it seemed a little weird that you were created in 2004 and still havent decided on the charity..