MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incorrect Charge on Account with Registration Tonight darkblue General Discussion 3 06-05-2013 11:52 PM
Fixing an incorrect final mark? Alchemist11 Academics 8 04-26-2012 01:50 PM
Textbooks Duration Questions ezlx Academics 2 08-16-2011 04:41 PM
# of deferred examz actuary_asa Academics 0 04-06-2011 10:49 PM
Convocation Duration Lois Academics 1 05-29-2010 06:55 AM

deferred exam_ incorrect duration

Old 06-17-2013 at 09:03 PM   #1
M.nava

Liked: 0 Times

deferred exam_ incorrect duration
Hi, I just had a deferred exam and was pretty sure that it will be 3 hours since the one on April was 3hrs. there was a typo on exam paper stating that the duration of exam is 2 hours. the invigilator noticed it after an hour and 40 minutes, she announced it and took the paper away after 2 hours even on the envelop (registrar office prints it) stated to be 3 hours.

can they do this?

based on deferred examination rule it has be same coverage and same duration as April exam.(Deferred Examination Procedures in registrar office , read rule #4)

emailed prof, he said since it was easier he made it 2 hours.

did this happened to anybody before? any suggestions?
Old 06-17-2013 at 11:34 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.nava View Post
Hi, I just had a deferred exam and was pretty sure that it will be 3 hours since the one on April was 3hrs. there was a typo on exam paper stating that the duration of exam is 2 hours. the invigilator noticed it after an hour and 40 minutes, she announced it and took the paper away after 2 hours even on the envelop (registrar office prints it) stated to be 3 hours.

can they do this?

based on deferred examination rule it has be same coverage and same duration as April exam.(Deferred Examination Procedures in registrar office , read rule #4)

emailed prof, he said since it was easier he made it 2 hours.

did this happened to anybody before? any suggestions?
When the prof said that since it was easier he made it 2hrs, did you reply back to ask about rule#4? He probably wasn't aware of or forgot about it.

Since the exam is over, I don't know if there's anything they can do about it except make sure it doesn't happen again, especially because it doesn't sound like you were disadvantaged in any way.
Old 06-18-2013 at 07:40 AM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
When the prof said that since it was easier he made it 2hrs, did you reply back to ask about rule#4? He probably wasn't aware of or forgot about it.

Since the exam is over, I don't know if there's anything they can do about it except make sure it doesn't happen again, especially because it doesn't sound like you were disadvantaged in any way.
Only if you budget your time for three hours and not for two?
Old 06-18-2013 at 11:44 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Only if you budget your time for three hours and not for two?
Well it said on the exam paper two hours, and if the difficulty of the exam was scaled to be for 2hrs instead of 3, you'd have a hard time proving you were disadvantaged.
I'm not saying it's idea or should have happened, but since the exam is already over there isn't much that can be done - there are no easy fixes and it's likely not worth the whole ordeal it would take to try and rectify the situation.
Old 06-18-2013 at 02:01 PM   #5
M.nava

To be honest the exam was hard, ill say harder than april (atleast equall dififculty- talked to friends). Assuming having 3 hourse took my time with each questions (had to leave 3 questions blank out of 7).
Old 06-18-2013 at 02:15 PM   #6
M.nava

Gonna email him again, but it's pointless i guess. The funny thing is no one knows what to do ( not registrar, not dean...) and im not the one one who were shocked and didnt get to finish the exam. Well hope this is the 1st and last time for all students.
Old 06-18-2013 at 05:55 PM   #7
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Go speak to him in person if possible?

lol at making deferred exam easier. hhahaa
Old 06-18-2013 at 07:59 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Mac really fails at resolving issues like this. It sucks but honestly they will probably just say they can't do anything about it now