MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSR Schedule Check Charge AngryBean Computers & Tech 11 11-19-2012 03:41 PM
Fixing an incorrect final mark? Alchemist11 Academics 8 04-26-2012 01:50 PM
can you transfer money from your freedom account to the basic account for meal plan? 327005646 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 04-02-2012 04:35 PM
laundry charge ymich Residence & Housing 8 11-15-2011 02:59 PM
HST charge on textbooks? anon491 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-11-2010 12:57 AM

Incorrect Charge on Account with Registration Tonight

Old 06-05-2013 at 07:40 PM   #1
darkblue

Liked: 1 Time

Incorrect Charge on Account with Registration Tonight
My registration for next year's classes is tonight. Even though I paid off my tuition completely in like January, I decided to double check that my account balance was still 0. It was not. It says that I have a charge for a "missed medical appointment" even though I have never used the medical services at Mac. I didn't even think to check my student account eariler since I had paid it off so long ago and hadn't done anything that would have created a charge. I have no idea where this charge came from but it's obviously creating issues now.

I tried paying it through interac online, which said the transaction was approved and the money was also taken out of my bank account. However, when I check my student account balance it still says the payment is pending. Will I be able to register tonight, or will I have to wait for it to not be pending anymore? Also, who should I contact to fix this? Student accounts or the Wellness Centre? Soo stressed that I won't be able to get into the classes I need for next year :(
Old 06-05-2013 at 08:21 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
My registration for next year's classes is tonight. Even though I paid off my tuition completely in like January, I decided to double check that my account balance was still 0. It was not. It says that I have a charge for a "missed medical appointment" even though I have never used the medical services at Mac. I didn't even think to check my student account eariler since I had paid it off so long ago and hadn't done anything that would have created a charge. I have no idea where this charge came from but it's obviously creating issues now.

I tried paying it through interac online, which said the transaction was approved and the money was also taken out of my bank account. However, when I check my student account balance it still says the payment is pending. Will I be able to register tonight, or will I have to wait for it to not be pending anymore? Also, who should I contact to fix this? Student accounts or the Wellness Centre? Soo stressed that I won't be able to get into the classes I need for next year :(
See if you can see your grade report. If that isn't blocked out, then you should be able to register tonight. If it is blocked out, then you probably won't. I'm not sure if the two correlate 100% of the time, but it should give an indication.

Contacting SWC first to find out where the charges came from would probably be your best bet. I've found SAC incredibly difficult to deal with and super super slow when it comes to things like this. It literally took me three months to get charges reversed when they charged me for something unnecessarily.

darkblue says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 06-05-2013 at 10:24 PM   #3
darkblue

Ok, so I am able to see grade report. I'm just hoping I don't spend all that time trying to get into SOLAR only to find out I can't register. Guess I won't know for sure until then though.

And thanks for the suggestion! I'll try SWC. Waiting for 3 months doesn't sound so great haha. Thankfully it wasn't that expensive of a charge.
Old 06-05-2013 at 11:52 PM   #4
darkblue

For future reference in case anyone is wondering, I was able to register! (thankfully)

starfish likes this.