MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student Charge Accounts *ashley Academics 3 08-23-2011 06:28 PM
Postgraduate student charge-update jo87 General Discussion 20 02-22-2011 06:57 PM
postgraduate student - sex assult charge guest_295 General Discussion 93 02-21-2011 02:27 AM
HST charge on textbooks? anon491 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-11-2010 12:57 AM

laundry charge

Old 11-15-2011 at 08:48 AM   #1
ymich

Liked: 8 Times

laundry charge
I feel that the residence fee should cover laundry. Why are they trying to make us pay more? If you rent a room outside, the landlord covered that fee for you.
Old 11-15-2011 at 08:51 AM   #2
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

I lived in a house with three apartments and had a coin operated laundry machine and now I'm in a high rise which I have to pay for. I only really here about free laundry in an actual house. Welcome to adulthood

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

eccentrikkk, icecubz, Ish001 like this.
Old 11-15-2011 at 09:16 AM   #3
alexithymia
I smell chips.

Liked: 47 Times

Yeah, I wish res covered laundry too but you know uni = take all your money. Kinda glad I'm off campus though, my landlord provides a washer and dryer but I know that's not the case for everyone =/
Old 11-15-2011 at 09:57 AM   #4
JeffZ

Liked: 7 Times

Definite benefits in living Off Campus when it comes to Laundry =P

And that's why you go home often. Bring your laundry with you
Old 11-15-2011 at 10:22 AM   #5
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Really? Of all things, you're going to complain about having to pay for laundry? You're not going to complain about the ridiculous amount you pay to even live in rez? Someone needs to get their priorities straight..

Old 11-15-2011 at 11:45 AM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
Really? Of all things, you're going to complain about having to pay for laundry? You're not going to complain about the ridiculous amount you pay to even live in rez? Someone needs to get their priorities straight..
Thats why he is complaining, you pay a ridiculous amount for a tiny, shared room and it doesnt come with laundry!
Old 11-15-2011 at 02:47 PM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I agree. I think laundry should be paid for in all buildings. What's next, charging people to take showers? Unfortunately, that is most likely what happens if you don't live in your own house. I lived in an apartment by myself last year, and I had to pay for laundry. My friend's off campus houses also charged him for laundry.
Old 11-15-2011 at 02:57 PM   #8
Differential

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan H. View Post
Thats why he is complaining, you pay a ridiculous amount for a tiny, shared room and it doesnt come with laundry!
Welcome to real life?
Old 11-15-2011 at 02:59 PM   #9
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

There are a lot of costs involved in running a washing machine and dryer, there's a huge difference between 5 people in a house sharing a laundry machine, and hundreds in a residence sharing a laundry room.

eccentrikkk, icecubz like this.