MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deffered December Exam - however audit says D? aam18 Academics 3 01-03-2012 01:16 PM
question about deffered exam mailosap Academics 1 04-16-2011 07:56 PM
How to get a midterm deffered lawleypop Academics 4 06-07-2010 04:36 PM
will i be kicked out? manap3000 Academics 10 04-30-2010 07:20 PM
deffered exam??? civil Academics 1 04-06-2010 05:45 PM

deffered exam/getting kicked out

Old 04-28-2013 at 06:50 PM   #1
gugugaga

Liked: 0 Times

deffered exam/getting kicked out
Hey everyone, I am in 3d year eng and because of personal probs only have 2 courses this year. I deferred one on my exams until the 22nd of june abnd the other course is heat transfer (Im gonna get a 2-3), its insane hard for me. Now, I have a 10 in the deffered course so I should be ok, but will they wait until the deffered exam mark is processed to review my status at uni? Cuz with a 3 from heat transfer I wil get kicked out, but if i do the exam i will probably end up with a 9 minimum, so then my CA is about 5-6. Will they wait for the results of the exam or kick me out before?
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:22 PM   #2
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Technically right now your grade for the deferred exam class is whatever your grade would be with a 0 on the exam. It will also show up on your transcript beside the real grade with a "DEF" for deferred.

As for getting kicked out and when, I have no idea. Usually leniency is on the side of the student, though.

Last edited by Phaint : 04-28-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2013 at 09:31 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

If you're worried about getting kicked out, instead of posting on here you should talk to an advisor.
Old 04-29-2013 at 06:17 AM   #4
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

I believe your grades are only reviewed after you have attempted 18 units... but I'm not 100% sure and don't have time at the moment to find the reference.
Old 04-29-2013 at 06:43 AM   #5
gugugaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
I believe your grades are only reviewed after you have attempted 18 units... but I'm not 100% sure and don't have time at the moment to find the reference.
yep thats true, but I just dont know what they mean by "attempted"? How many courses I have basically taken and not dropped? or do the one i drop count too?
Old 04-29-2013 at 06:46 AM   #6
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

As long as you drop them before the last day to do so without academic penalty you're fine. Also: it's based on your Cumulative Average, not Sessional Average. So unless all of your grades from first and second year are near that cutoff and your average for your entire time at McMaster is a 2-3, you should be fine.
Old 04-29-2013 at 07:04 AM   #7
gugugaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighp View Post
As long as you drop them before the last day to do so without academic penalty you're fine. Also: it's based on your Cumulative Average, not Sessional Average. So unless all of your grades from first and second year are near that cutoff and your average for your entire time at McMaster is a 2-3, you should be fine.
Well thats a relief! Thank you so much Ashleigh! You're awesome
Old 04-29-2013 at 07:48 AM   #8
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
If you're worried about getting kicked out, instead of posting on here you should talk to an advisor.
Thank You! Too many student seem to think macinsiders is the location of the University's academic advisors. Go talk to the people that are there for this specific reason!
Old 04-29-2013 at 08:11 AM   #9
gugugaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Thank You! Too many student seem to think macinsiders is the location of the University's academic advisors. Go talk to the people that are there for this specific reason!
Bro, it was sunday and I was stressing over it.