MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Degree Audit ghumanm Academics 2 01-10-2014 02:46 PM
Degree Audit sierrawin Academics 2 06-26-2013 12:42 PM
Degree Audit bishodmr Academics 5 08-15-2011 07:53 PM
Degree Audit nikJ Academics 3 08-06-2011 08:23 AM
Degree Audit Mango First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-26-2010 08:34 AM

Degree Audit

Old 09-06-2014 at 03:53 PM   #1
Menzies

Liked: 10 Times

Degree Audit
Is Mac going to get a new Degree Audit? The present one is not that user friendly.
Old 09-06-2014 at 04:40 PM   #2
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Please explain how the current Degree Audit is not user-friendly.
Old 09-06-2014 at 04:53 PM   #3
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

It's possible when the new SOLAR/MUGSI comes out that things like that will change. But honestly, the current Degree Audit functions fine.
Old 09-06-2014 at 08:49 PM   #4
RSK1

User interface is fine; however, it does seem to be outdated (for me at least). The requirements on the degree audit do not match those of the 2014-2015 undergraduate calender for some programs. Hopefully that will be updated soon.
Old 09-06-2014 at 09:24 PM   #5
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK1 View Post
User interface is fine; however, it does seem to be outdated (for me at least). The requirements on the degree audit do not match those of the 2014-2015 undergraduate calender for some programs. Hopefully that will be updated soon.
Don't go by the calendar. The calendar can change every year, however, your degree audit represents the course requirements that need to be fulfilled from the calendar of the year you enrolled at Mac. So it's always the course requirements on the degree audit you have to satisfy to graduate.
Old 09-06-2014 at 10:06 PM   #6
RSK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikJ View Post
Don't go by the calendar. The calendar can change every year, however, your degree audit represents the course requirements that need to be fulfilled from the calendar of the year you enrolled at Mac. So it's always the course requirements on the degree audit you have to satisfy to graduate.
But I can't follow the degree audit because the courses don't exist anymore. For example on degree audit it says I need Commerce 2BA3 but that course is now Commerce 1BA3, yet on degree audit it still shows it as 2BA3.
Old 09-06-2014 at 10:35 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK1 View Post
But I can't follow the degree audit because the courses don't exist anymore. For example on degree audit it says I need Commerce 2BA3 but that course is now Commerce 1BA3, yet on degree audit it still shows it as 2BA3.
That's because when you entered the program, the course was 2BA3, so that's what you should have taken. And anyways, even if the program requirements change and you haven't yet taken the applicable courses, you only need to fulfill the requirements that existed in the year that you entered the program. So, your degree audit will reflect this, and that's the way it should be since it's supposed to compare your courses against your degree requirements.
Old 09-07-2014 at 08:48 AM   #8
Menzies

Yes, but for people who have transferred in, courses are put in places that even Academic Advising say they don't belong.

All my first year courses, except English, are under electives, not under Level One Required Courses. I was accepted into Level Two based on the fact I had completed the sufficient Level One courses.

There are different types of Degree Audits out there that are more straightforward and give more information about how to interpret what you are looking at. UBC, for instance, has one that you chose your year of entry from a drop down menu and therefore the requirements line up appropriately.

Mac is an amazing university in most ways - SOLAR and programs that align with it are not in line with the rest of those experiences.