MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting Data zeChinaman General Discussion 14 04-12-2010 04:22 PM
Did You Know? Interesting Facts! EasternHeat General Discussion 241 09-03-2009 04:42 PM
Some rather Interesting websites! :0 huzaifa47 General Discussion 4 08-26-2009 09:21 PM
Interesting Videos.... lorend General Discussion 7 03-15-2009 03:57 PM
Interesting video... 'hugs' Chad Computers & Tech 4 10-16-2006 03:18 PM

What did you GIVE for Christmas that was particularly interesting?

Old 12-27-2011 at 08:59 PM   #1
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 327 Times

What did you GIVE for Christmas that was particularly interesting?
Because I find this more interesting than talking about what I got. Also, this thread seems like a good place for gift ideas for next year/birthdays.

Secret Santee 1: Treble clef cuff links, and an 8 GB silver skull USB with the last 3 years of Playboy Russia. 'Cause he's Russian.
Secret Santee 2: A bronze pocket watch necklace, and a bamboo plant that I put together myself. Materials can be bought cheaply at the mall.

2 people who play Magic the Gathering:
Deck boxes made out of Magic cards! Basic design here, but clearly modified to be large enough to hold cards. Feel free to ask if you'd like to know how I altered it.

Boyfriend's mom: Pearl bracelet I found at the lost and found sale, real, but the string was broken. Re-strung it and altered the pattern a bit to make it more interesting.
Boyfriend's grandmother: A transparent, colourless Christmas ornament filled with origami stars of various colours, made out of ribbon.

Desda, Entropy like this.
Old 12-27-2011 at 09:06 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

iDuck, car escape tool, a hexagon of toblerone, sushi dishwear, cute bird decoration thingies, ceramic party cup, shitload of zombie/undead/horror movies, ipod, and a bunch of situational items that wouldn't make any sense if I told about them. In all, I think I made some good decisions, despite not being very skilled at gift-giving.

I suggest a giftcard/gift maze for anyone looking to give along with a generic gift for somebody they don't know well.

Amaryll likes this.
Old 12-27-2011 at 09:20 PM   #3
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

I gave my secret santa flavoured lubrication. The theme was 'naughty or nice' so I gave something that combined the both :|

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-27-2011 at 10:16 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

WorldVision allows you to buy things such as soccer balls, blankets, goats, classroom supplies, mosquito nets, etc, in lieu of a gift for someone, and the actual physical object goes to a family that needs it. Plan Canada has a similar thing. I bought soccer balls and blankets from WorldVision and a birth certificate (the money goes to pay for birth certificates for kids who otherwise wouldn't have one, which means they legally exist and provides a measure of protection against trafficking) from Plan Canada.

Amaryll, Chevalier like this.
Old 12-27-2011 at 10:25 PM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

• 30 hours at a soup kitchen.
  • nintendo DSi with an acekard 2i for my bro
  • clothes to salvation army
  • bottle of 28y Glenfiddich for my father.
Old 12-27-2011 at 10:25 PM   #6
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

I got the bf a new xbox + kinect (that shit is creepyyy) and a game for the PS3.
and some fun things from spencers

bought mom a bunch of bras
bought the fam and bfs fam chocolate and alcohol

and for my friends: posters + alcohol

Desda likes this.
Old 12-27-2011 at 10:40 PM   #7
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

i don't know if this is interesting gift but I gave my two friends from highschool a Christmas card with Christmas origami inside that I made the night before the 23rd of December (i met them the next day to visit my highschool)

My sister and I got our parents some clothes

Last edited by akikokoyoki : 12-28-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 at 09:47 AM   #8
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Thanks for making this thread! I saw the "What did you get for Christmas" thread and thought "Wow, I must be getting old when I get more excited about what I give than what I get!"

I got my mom an engraved frame and photo of a loved one we lost within the last year.
I got my sister a 3 month subscription to a high end makeup sample delivery program (it's called LuxeBox if you're interested, I've been using it for almost a year)
I got my dog (and my parents, I guess) new dog tags with his name/address/etc, and another set that say "BLIND AND DEAF" in bold lettersso people will take extra care of him if he escapes our house!
I got my boyfriend a Keurig coffee machine
I gave a huge cage filled with food/treats/toys/blankets/kitty litter to the SPCA. They were so grateful, they were all very sweet to me when I delivered it

There's other stuff too but those were my favourite to give! I wanted to give some family members an adoption gift from WWF but I didn't have enough time. I will definitetly be doing it next year:
https://wwfstore.donorportal. ca/c-...adoptions.aspx
Old 12-28-2011 at 01:51 PM   #9
Noodle

Liked: 19 Times

I got all my roomies some presents, I got some of them beer, some junk food, books and alcoholic glasses ^^ they were all super happy with their gifts. I got my dad a heart rate monitor for working out, and I got my mom some decorations. I got my brother an awesome teenage mutant ninja turtle toque, and my other brother a gift card.

Now to start planning what to get people next year lol
Old 12-28-2011 at 02:52 PM   #10
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I got my sister a black Lululemon scuba hoodie and black Lululemon Groove pants with a pink waistband.
I got my best girlfriend a Mac tshirt and a Lululemon scuba hoodie.
I got my bff this neat hat that was more sentimental than anything else... no need to explain here.
I got my Dad a hummingbird feeder made from old bottles. My sister and I coordinated and got the same thing.
I was especially psyched about what I got my Nanny: this book that she has loved forever but can't find it because it's out of print and the library doesn't have it, so I ordered one out of only four offered on the internet that happened to be a 1st edition. That was amazing.

I love giving better than receiving.
Old 12-29-2011 at 11:45 PM   #11
Lana02

Liked: 5 Times

One of the best things I got my 3 nephews were Supras that they have been asking for since forever!! Best thing is I got them online for cheap from China. They LOVED them, best feeling ever giving them their shoes.. and getting a sweet deal!
Old 12-30-2011 at 12:34 PM   #12
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

^For a moment my jaw dropped thinking you got them Toyota Supra's. I had too many people over for christmas so i just gave them all a treat at marble slab. + I don't celebrate it so its good enough

Lana02 likes this.
Old 12-30-2011 at 12:56 PM   #13
geoffrose

Liked: 0 Times

giving should be donating to a good cause, not buying friendships. Spend small all those you care about and put the rest to really needy causes
Old 12-30-2011 at 01:00 PM   #14
Lana02

Liked: 5 Times

LOL didnt even know their were cars called supras! haha that would have been sikk! lol no they are the hightop shoes with the straps that apparently Justin Beiber wears? lol http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=supras...429 ,r:8,s:90