MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
On to off campus Zachary Residence & Housing 10 07-06-2010 12:17 PM
DC++ Off Campus Waaaaataccc General Discussion 16 11-28-2008 10:57 AM
Getting Around Campus Mariah First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-15-2008 01:11 PM

Dining Off Campus

Dining Off Campus
By Danielle Lorenz

There are many places to eat in the general area of campus. But only a select few are affiliated with the university and thus you can use your meal plan with. This can only be done with the Freedom plan (for off-campus students), or with residence students with a FLEX account. If you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, you can look at the Meal Card information at this website: http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/Mea...f_Campus .htm. Additionally, the Hospitality Services website, which gives you more in-depth information about all of the off-campus vendors is available here.

East Side Mario’s
East Side Mario’s, East Side Mario’s, hey! Budda boom, budda bing! American-Italian food, decently priced, and with a pretty good selection. My only qualm with this place is their vegetable soup is made with a beef broth. That makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

Boston Pizza
Very similar to East Side, in that there is a lot of pizza and pasta served. BP is very popular on nights of big sporting events (Leafs, mostly…come on people. Accept that they’re never going to win the Cup anytime soon…), so their bar section is usually packed. Also a fair selection with reasonably priced food.

Kelsey’s

I think they have the dumbest possible commercials ever. I do however love their garlic bread. And I have some fond memories of their basement (Wreck the Reps 2004 and 2005!!). They’re a little bit more expensive than BP or East Side.

Pizza Pizza
I think Pizza Pizza makes some of the best pizza out there. They deliver pretty late, and they have good prices. And amazing garlic dipping sauce. Just be wary that you’re not eating the fattier options too often otherwise you’ll end up getting fattier as well.

Mahal
I have honestly never eaten here. I have a lot of problems with my stomach so I am a little bit scared to do so. I have friends (one who was actually born in India) that have eaten here and really enjoyed it. I heard some really good things about their naan.

TwelvEighty (aka. 1280) - the MSU-run campus bar
If you have read some of my other articles you will know that TwelvEighty serves many functions. I have a feeling it is considered an off-campus venue because it is not affiliated with Hospitality Services. The food here is very well priced.

Basilique

This quant little place is located just down the street from my house. Their menu features a variety of Mediterranean cuisine. They have some amazing pizza. They also serve a variety of other yummy kabobs, shawarma, salads and subs.

Pita Pit
Oh, Pita Pit. I have had many journeys to you over the last few years; ironically less since I moved close by. The staff here are always friendly, funny and quick. They are open late every night (between 2AM and 4AM) and they also deliver. There is a wide variety of both vegetarian and meat options, and everything is made fresh to order which will make everyone happy.

LIKE THIS ARTICLE? CHECK OUT PART 2: MORE PLACES TO EAT
PART 2: More Places To Eat (click here!)

resh.jyoti says thanks to Chad for this post.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 09-10-2007 at 06:50 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
And Crabby Joe's is now affiliated with Mac to, apparently.

Yay, memories.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 10-27-2007 at 06:34 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Ram's Head is also now affiliated with the Mac Meal plan.

And I went to Mahal last nite. I wasn't very hungry so I just got some naan. Phenominal. One of my friends (who I went with last nite, and is not the aforementioned Indian friend) is in love with their butter chicken.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 04-06-2008 at 10:28 AM   #4
joset2
Program: Pharmacology
Year: Third

Liked: 0 Times
People seem to forget BEIJING HUT . Its a small family run restaurant. I wouldnt say its the best spot to go and dine but works well for a delicious economic meal take outs. It is right opposite to TALLY HO on main street. The place is always crowded with students like me who crave chinese food !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2008 at 01:34 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
And can't forget PANCAKE HOUSE, which is way overpriced, but delicious

Article Tools